ABS/ Brake light flashed & dinged but went right back off???

Mnnthbx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving my 05 QC down the road when all the sudden a ding went off and the ABS & brake light came on for a split second and then went right back off. Nothing seemed to change at all and thought it just might of been some fluke. Later the weekend I was sitting at a stop light and the same thing happened again? I tried looking online for what it could be but found my luck/ help from others on VTCOA have been a tremendous help so if anyone has had this happen and know the fix, much help would be appreciated. Trying to sell this street beast so I need it in tip top shape. Thanks!:burnout::burnout:

My truck just had a problem with the break & ABS light coming on for no parent reason. Turned out to be a bad front wheel bearing/speed sensor.

Front wheel bearing speed sensor? Easy to replace on the SRT's? Easy to find?

Not bad to do if you have a jack, 1/2" impact, 18mm with swivel.
Check the back of them for play & leakage (lube or metal chips) first.

sounds like an intermittent speed sensor issue, could be the fronts due to wheel bearing play as suggested.

Thanks for the help, Wheel bearing & speed sensors? Is there a sensor on both wheels?

Both front wheels, there is also a rear differential mounted speed sensor.

I'll be honest. If it is the front speed sensor and your front bearings haven't been changed before, I'd just put two new bearings in. When they fail it's not a great day.

My left front Made noise turning right for some time. It was tight every time I checked it. Well until after the lights came on. Then it was loose and had metal chips around the seals. The standard code checkers or SCT box won't pick up codes for it.

Thanks for the help... Guess ill have to pull it from the for sale block and install me some wheel bearings. Preventative maintenance, I wouldn't ever thought to check wheel bearing/ speed sensors.. news everyday.

Kinda more than bearings. Whole hub. At 103,000 miles I replaced the right front. Left still good. Jimmy Ling "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Kinda more than bearings. Whole hub. At 103,000 miles I replaced the right front. Left still good. Jimmy Ling "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

I usually feel this way. I have also seen bearing failures pictures from these trucks. I'd prefer the $140 over those damages of rims and messed up fenders. Especially if someone test driving it when it fails.

I usually feel this way. I have also seen bearing failures pictures from these trucks. I'd prefer the $140 over those damages of rims and messed up fenders. Especially if someone test driving it when it fails.

Test drives..... Yeah got to be careful with those to

You probably got more lube in a bacon cheeseburger then they put in that wheelbearing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back