AC Help!!

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, the blender door failed in my truck. I believe this an 06 specific problem. When the blender door fails, air/heat comes out all of the vents. I have no control if I want the air to come out the defroster vents, or the dash vents. It pretty much does w hat it wants to. I haven't been driving the truck as much lately, and this something I can deal with. The blower still works(ed) and the cab of the truck would still cool off.

Well, last week, I got in the truck one extremely hot afternoon and kicked the AC on. I had the windows down at the time to help extract some of the hot air. Anyways, after I drove a few miles, I noticed the blower wasn't blowing anymore, and the AC/Recirc lights are still lit. Even if I turn the blower to the off position, the AC/Recirc lights stay lit.

I checked the fuses (I could only find two) and they're still good. Is there a resistor in the ductwork somewhere that I'm missing? Does the failing blender door have anything to do with the blower-motor?

Thanks in advance for any/all help!!!! :)

Sounds similiar to what happened to my 04 rc. Blends doors would just move on their own and i could not get the a/c to turn off. The only thing that I could control was the blower, that worked fine.

This all happend the day I sold my truck so I have no idea what the guy did to fix it. We tried everything, all the things you tried as well. Im guessing the HVAC control panel took a crap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back