Accelerator cable play?

SANTEEN

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was going over the truck just to make sure everything is okay for the trip to Panama tomorrow. Found the accelerator cable has about a half inch of play. Which tells me that the throttle may not be opening all the way when it's at wide open throttle. Can someone check theirs to see? Coincidently one of my customer's here has a RC '04 and his has no play in it. Thanks guys.

Steve I happened to open the engine bay yesterday and noticed the same thing...at first I had thought it was the tranny cable and was gonna adjust it but if you're looking straight in the 2 cables next to each other....the one to the right has about a 1/4" play in it on mine

kickinassrt-10 said:
Steve I happened to open the engine bay yesterday and noticed the same thing...at first I had thought it was the tranny cable and was gonna adjust it but if you're looking straight in the 2 cables next to each other....the one to the right has about a 1/4" play in it on mine
Maybe it's normal on our qc's. And maybe the RC's are different. But, like I said, my customer's had no play.

TNVIPER said:
Have someone hold the pedal to the floor while you look at the butterfly in the TB.
That was my next step, but I don't have the truck at work with me today.

Fear Not!

I thought the same when i could pull my pedal out 1/2 inch or so.

So i took the CAI off and looked inside while the wife floored it. I realized that it was completely closing and when floored it was actually going pass parrallel. So you are getting full throttle, no worries.

rmdysrt said:
Mine has 1/4 inch of play at the throttle. 06 QC
Okay, that makes me feel better.:) Sounds like it's normal.

SANTEEN said:
Okay, that makes me feel better.:) Sounds like it's normal.

Maybe it aint so good....if your TB had not been opening all the way that would mean your truck has more power than you thought....would be like adding a new perf mod to get the cable fixed...LOL...;) :marchmellow:

there does not seem to be an adjustment on the motor side of the cable tho...

No there is no adjustment. And these cables arent going to stretch.
The pedal is designed to sit lower than your brake pedal for safety. This causes the play. Every one of us has play, but i assure you if you take your Intake Tube off you will see that with the pedal to the floor, the throttle blades reach the throttle stop, and that the blades are wide open.

Back