Access behind the rear seat (QC)

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if I originally found this here or at Dodge Talk back in the day, but I figured I would post this again since I could not find it here and I did this today. I did it last time because I mounted my amps to the back wall and wanted easy access to the back wall. This time I am prepping to sound proof my cab. Today I put duct tape over the baffles and other holes until my Raamat comes in. Here is the idea though...

Pull the seats (6 bolt 18mm) including the factory sub
Pull the black insulation off the back wall (3 round plastic clips 2 rectangle clips)
This is what is should look like:
20150412_130016.jpg

Now flip the four brackets around and optionally tape the holes to make it look like this:
20150412_132328.jpg

Put the insulation back on. You will have to adjust the holes where the brackets were just a little bit with a utility knife:
20150412_134142.jpg

Put your seats and sub back in. Now in order to get the back to lay down lift the bottom of your seat up to about a 45* angle and then the back should lift high enough to release.
20150412_202749.jpg

Hopefully someone finds this useful.

Not at all. I was concerned about this when I did it on my first truck, but the air is still escaping elsewhere. I am just plugging the big holes.

Can't wait to sound proof the whole cab!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back