Adding a receiver hitch to a '04 RC

Thumperama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to add a receiver hitch to my '04 RC and have seen a couple variants and am looking for some advice. One is a bumper add on and the other bolts back to the frame rails.

Since I know I won't be towing anything more than a dirt bike trailer with it, I'm not sure I need the one that bolts to the frame rails, but I've also bent bumpers with the bumper mounted variety.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

hidden hitch here, too...just the chunk...the frame mount should already be there...no drilling in the rear valance...

hitch1.jpg

hitch3.jpg

Last edited:
look under your truck...is there a big round bar that ties the rear frame rails together? if so, all you need is the chunk...looks like the one in the link... check closely at the rear valance (about where the hitch bulk would be), there's a "knockout" for the hitch, and it's two screws and pops out (and can be replaced, if the hitch was taken back off)...save it, don't toss it;)

hidden hitch pn 87533, i believe...

Hidden Hitch 87533 - Class 3 Hitch - Trailer Hitches at Trailer Hitches

they might say it "does not fit...." but it does (should)

I got the standard OEM kit direct from Dodge...if I recall it was about $120 and was complete. Piece of cake to install though figuring out the rear side panels are attached using slide clips took a few minutes to figure out.

Curious, how did your install go? I just got the accessory hitch and put it on and have the bulge in my bumper cover. Not too happy. Did yours do this too, or did I possibly get the wrong one?

Looks like I will be ordering one of the hidden hitch ones.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back