Adjusting QA1 Shocks ON the Truck

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi lads,

A rather simple yet embarrassing question lol, how do you adjust the QA1 shocks when they're On/Installed on the truck? I've been under the truck as far as I can get (lowered) and it's kind of dark but with a torch the only place I can see to adjust the shock or for better wording, touch the knob/adjuster is from directly below the shock arm "thing" through one of the holes on the shock mount arm.

I can get 1 finger in fine but can't get enough of a grip to turn it clockwise (stiffer). Just wondering if there's an easier way or if I'm doing it wrong? Easier as in, short of removing the wheels, springs and shocks of course. Thought it would be easier. My truck feels a little bouncy up front. I'm running 8 out back and 8 up front. I want to reduce the front end bounce a little. The 45 series tires do contribute but I feel it's more than that.

Thanks,
Car

Thanks mate, I just realised that I run my rears on 6, not 8 (doh!). Thanks for the input FSTJACK. :) How do you adjust them more importantly? lol Or for better wording, how do you get to them easily? Is it how I explained or is it a track kind of thing where you have to take the wheel and springs etc off?

Cheers,
Carl

Carlwalski said:
Thanks mate, I just realised that I run my rears on 6, not 8 (doh!). Thanks for the input FSTJACK. :) How do you adjust them more importantly? lol Or for better wording, how do you get to them easily? Is it how I explained or is it a track kind of thing where you have to take the wheel and springs etc off?
Cheers, Carl

Carl, the rears are easy as you already know.
Now the fronts are a real pain. I usually take the wheels off and then strain my fingers to get them adjusted, through the spring. Always go click by click so you do not loose your position, to know where they are adjusted.

Thanks mate, looks like it's wheels off! I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to double check before going to the trouble of removing the wheels and straining to get that click. Better to ask than bang a head when told there was an easier way lol. Thanks and yes I had planned to do 1 click at a time to keep count.

Cheers,
Carl

The fronts are very tough. My fingers are just thin enough to reach in between the wheels of the truck to get the fronts to turn a few notches, but its a pain in the butt. The rears are much easier.

I would always start from zero and count the clicks...then I wised up and kept a little book in the truck with the numbers written down everytime I changed them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back