Advice

Need for Speed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is by far the subject matter expert place to find info on the SRT-10 no doubt...now, can anyone tell me where is a good place to get info on a Ram 1500 that is giving me a rash of trouble?

Ok, the issue:

About 6 months ago, the truck would not shift out of first and the engine light came on. Took it to Dodge, they replaced a whole bunch of stuff after having it for 3 weeks to fix it. Ran fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now, when accelerating from 30-40 MPH to pass for example, it jerks really hard then goes. It also takes a good 4 seconds to go into drive, example, backing out of the driveway, putting it in D..it goes nowhere then jerks forward when it kicks in. I took it in again, they flashed the ECM in accordance with some TSB 21-018-08 rev A. Got it back, left the dealer and still does it. Took it back today, and they still can't figure it out, but now they say my Flowmaster dual exhaust may be causing it. That makes NO sense to me at all how exhaust could cause transmission issues, but I am by far NOT a mechanic. Anyone out there heard of such a thing? If so, what could it be and does it make sense to anyone about the exhaust causing it?

The "rash" will be cleared up by Neosporin as Django suggested so I am good on that.

As always, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Need for Speed said:
This is by far the subject matter expert place to find info on the SRT-10 no doubt...now, can anyone tell me where is a good place to get info on a Ram 1500 that is giving me a rash of trouble?

ask away ..... :) there are alot of ppl here that dont own SRT10's that have hemi or reg 1500 2500 ect....

let the posting begin :)

I prefer Neosporin for a rash... But, some healthcare pros say Bacitracin is better.... :dontknow:;)

D

ok my hemi was doing the same thing....but first of all..... If they tell you your exhaust is causing the tranny problems tell them you will be more than happy to take it off if they PROVE to you it is the problem... they cannot void you warrenty or anything if they cannot prove that the exhaust is causing the problems which is complete Bullshit anyway.. 2nd of all i had the same problem with my 05 Hemi ram Quad cab.. but it was reverse and drive.. i could go from Park to Reverse and it would take 3 or 4 seconds some times it would take me putting it back in park again.... and it would do the same thing from park to drive... i took it in at least 10 times and they never figured it out.. honestly it took me threatning them with a lawyer for them to replace the tranny.. shortly after i bought my 10 and left the hemi alone and sold it..... but your going to have to put your foot down..

Tooloe said:
ok my hemi was doing the same thing....but first of all..... If they tell you your exhaust is causing the tranny problems tell them you will be more than happy to take it off if they PROVE to you it is the problem... they cannot void you warrenty or anything if they cannot prove that the exhaust is causing the problems which is complete Bullshit anyway.. 2nd of all i had the same problem with my 05 Hemi ram Quad cab.. but it was reverse and drive.. i could go from Park to Reverse and it would take 3 or 4 seconds some times it would take me putting it back in park again.... and it would do the same thing from park to drive... i took it in at least 10 times and they never figured it out.. honestly it took me threatning them with a lawyer for them to replace the tranny.. shortly after i bought my 10 and left the hemi alone and sold it..... but your going to have to put your foot down..

Thanks..I fully intend on going at it over the exhaust thing. I would rather them just take the whole damn thing off my hands.

Sounds like you may have an internal leak in one of the transmission seals. Trying putting it into 1st or 2nd and see if it engages. But, like Tooloe said, the exhaust issue is bullshit.

Need for Speed said:
Thank to all who provided input. All I can do now is sit and wait...
like i said man sometimes dealerships are stupid and in todays time "money wise" they are tight asses so the less they can do or the more they can run you around the cheaper it is for them..

don't know if the tranny in the hemi is similar to the 48re in the 10's, but it could be the shifter solenoids. Sometimes they get clogged with gunk and won't allow line pressure to build properly. Have the solenoids and the bands checked.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back