AEM AFR failsafe gauge

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this another forum, and is a must have for all those running aggressive tune, and/or power adders.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBgSJwzIyE]AEM AFR Failsafe Gauge 30-4900 Wideband O2 30psi Boost Gauge Product Spotlight - YouTube[/ame]

Nice, and at $279, its cheaper than buying the wideband and boost gauge seperate, plus you get failsafe feature, datalogging!, and save room on your gauge pod. No brainer

man, that is WAY better than a rev limiter:rock::rock::rock:

i can see where it will make over the phone tunin, quicker & more accurate:rock::rock:

i can see where it will make over the phone tunin, quicker & more accurate:rock::rock:

Really no need for dyno anymore just make a couple 1/4 passes send the info, and get a tune back.

i didnt want to start a new thread but has anyone installed one of these yet? what wire do you need to tap to get a engine rpm input and where do i install the map sensor? should just remove one of the o2 sensors in the midpipes and put it there or weld in my own separate bung??

Great product but I'm not sure killing the ECU would be my choice as a fail safe. Killing power to the engine while running WOT seems more damaging than running a lean condition. I run a failsafe with my Methanol injection and it opens a solenoid inline with the vacuum line to the supercharger bypass valve. If the methanol flow ever dips while the truck is under boost the solenoid opens and bleeds off boost.

where did you put the o2 sensor for the guage and what wire did you tap to get a rpm input?:dontknow:

i didnt want to start a new thread but has anyone installed one of these yet? what wire do you need to tap to get a engine rpm input and where do i install the map sensor? should just remove one of the o2 sensors in the midpipes and put it there or weld in my own separate bung??

You will want to weld in a new bung. RPM can be pulled off one of the coils under the manifold but it can only be a certain one and I don't recall which one. I will see if I can find my notes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back