AEM questions

pokeytemplar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you are running AEM? Are you running it standalone or piggybacked with your PCM? If you are running standalone does the gauge cluster and overhead console work correctly? For the QC guys do you have it controlling your tranny as well?

i think eric is the only one runnin an aem most others are runnin a vec whickh is a piggyback with datalog capabilitys and the option for as many tunes a s you want and then there is the sct...the guage cluster and checkengine codes will not work with an aem

Are there any limitations with the VEC? I thought most were running both SCT and VEC with the VEC controlling "on boost" situations. Am I correct in my thinking?

pokeytemplar said:
Are there any limitations with the VEC? I thought most were running both SCT and VEC with the VEC controlling "on boost" situations. Am I correct in my thinking?
havent heard of that i would stick with the vec for a boosted app and the sct for an na application

Using the SCT to scale for larger injectors, fan activation, TQ control, etc... VEC for anything "boost" related and Fine tuning. Then if anything happens to the VEC while on the road you could pull it and use your SCT tune to get home (without boost)...

I'm pretty sure that AEM can't do anything with the QC transmission. I went with the SCT so that I could adjust shift points etc, VEC also can't do that. Currently SCT has NO datalog capability. It was supposed to be available already but now they are saying sometime in December. If I end up changing from the Paxton I'll prob change from SCT to a BigStuff3.

I am running the AEM as a stand alone. Everything works (mine is RC). It controls the nitrous also. I think you have to make a harness for it to fit our trucks.

Thanks Eric and bexxon,

I agree a custom harness will be needed. Now just have to figure out how to get it to control an automatic transmission. The AEM can do it as long as the TCM is compatible.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back