aftermarket stereo question.

silversrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has put in an aftermarket radio and kept full use of the infinity system.I was wondering where the signal input is to the amps that run the system.I wired up an adapter plug and put it in , but I get no sound.I also tried hooking the rca plugs directly to the speaker out puts of the new deck with a special chrysler/ metra adapter plug, but still no sound.
I need help.:confused:

Check with an audio store, the trucks need some kind of special adapter because of the ohms on the subwoofer!! Some places say they can make it work, and some say they cant! I personally would take it to a reputable place and see what they say!!:)

silversrt said:
I was wondering if anyone has put in an aftermarket radio and kept full use of the infinity system.I was wondering where the signal input is to the amps that run the system.I wired up an adapter plug and put it in , but I get no sound.I also tried hooking the rca plugs directly to the speaker out puts of the new deck with a special chrysler/ metra adapter plug, but still no sound.
I need help.:confused:
I know Serge (1-FAST-SRT-10) did his whole system you may wanna PM him. He is in the biz .......... :D

Thanks guys (and gal)
I have been installing aftermarket stereos as a hobby for years, but factory systems are usually put together quite odd.I was hoping some one had a real quick fix.I just need to find out where the amps get there signal and run or modify the rca "s coming out of my new deck.I will keep searching or perhaps look behind the glove box at the amp there.

silversrt said:
Thanks guys (and gal)
I have been installing aftermarket stereos as a hobby for years, but factory systems are usually put together quite odd.I was hoping some one had a real quick fix.I just need to find out where the amps get there signal and run or modify the rca "s coming out of my new deck.I will keep searching or perhaps look behind the glove box at the amp there.
Hang on - I think I saw something in my search......... :dontknow:

silversrt said:
Hang on to what???:dontknow: :confused: ..................:D
You can let go now - scroll up I added some reading material for you. If nothing else it helps with my lagging post count :D :p ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back