Aftermarket Stereo Systems

HaulinAsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm building up my system- looking for ideas- whatcha got in yours?

So far I have :

Kenwood KDC-X891 Head Unit
Kenwood KAC-728S Amplifier 600 Watts
Kenwood KAC-728S Amplifier 600 Watts

Looking into the Rockfor Fosgate Speaker and Subwoofer line......

:elefant: :elefant:

Can wait til I get this system installed and pounding......:bebored:

Rockford Fosgate is very good!!! You will be happy with that!! I would even go with the Punch Amps! Always been one of my favs.

I installed the following last fall:

install05.jpg

The only thing I changed was the chrome MA amp was replaced by a Kicker 750.1 amp to push the subs.

I got a fox box with 12 inch kickers under the back seat now :D

blackviper said:
What can you do to use the 06 factory radio with nav?
I hear it is easier to swap out everything than to do what you are asking. If you keep the factory radio it can be difficult for the other pieces to work, because of the factory wiring into the amp.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Did you change out the MA chrome amp because its too freaken large to mount??!! Wow, thats huge......

You guys are dropping a few bucks on these systems....

patrick

It was large but I did have it mounted... Just did not have the 'kick' I was looking for.

mb quarts are the best speakers ive heard and ebay has the best price on just about all stereo equip....tho im still running stock speakers on a sony head...need some money first...... :(

I am torn as to which speaker to choose for the doors.....

I was also thinking on getting the Q-Logic kick Panel Speaker Enclosuers to help with the front staging......

But still not certain on speaker selection.......

What y-alls opinions?

Big system ,big sound ,minimum space lost...All speakers in factory locations ,Everything Cerwin Vega

Attachments

• 1 cerwin srt sub box1.jpg
    1 cerwin srt sub box1.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 1,613
  • 1 cerwin srtamp rack.jpg
    1 cerwin srtamp rack.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 505
  • 1 head rest tv.JPG
    1 head rest tv.JPG
    436.9 KB · Views: 760
  • 1 nak srt2.jpg
    1 nak srt2.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 565
  • cerwin srt amp rack 1 .jpg
    cerwin srt amp rack 1 .jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 1,985
  • cerwin srt sub box.jpg
    cerwin srt sub box.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 2,458
  • nak srt1.jpg
    nak srt1.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 192
  • nak srt3.jpg
    nak srt3.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 250
seein as tho i dun have a srt....do they have the tweeter mounts up on top of the dash? i have them in my quad cab...

Ok went out and listened to some different speakers- went with the Rockford Fosgates.

Picked up:

Rockford's 6x9's Full Range
Rockfords 6" Round Full Range
2 Rockford P3D410's (P3 4 Ohm- 10"subs)
2 Rockford P3d412's (P3 4Ohm-12"subs)

Looking into either custom kick panel enclosures or the Q-logic Kick Panel Enclosures...

Time to remove the factory wooferbox and storage compartments behind the seats- gotta build me an enclosure for the subs......

HaulinAsp said:
Ok went out and listened to some different speakers- went with the Rockford Fosgates.

Picked up:

Rockford's 6x9's Full Range
Rockfords 6" Round Full Range
2 Rockford P3D410's (P3 4 Ohm- 10"subs)
2 Rockford P3d412's (P3 4Ohm-12"subs)

Looking into either custom kick panel enclosures or the Q-logic Kick Panel Enclosures...

Time to remove the factory wooferbox and storage compartments behind the seats- gotta build me an enclosure for the subs......

You will not be dissapointed with those speakers!
Good choice!

Smokey said:
seein as tho i dun have a srt....do they have the tweeter mounts up on top of the dash? i have them in my quad cab...
You mean the tweets in the pillar? As far as I know there aren't any tweeters in the dash, and none in the pillar either, on the 10.

Anyone have pics of a custom enclosure behind the seats in a REGULAR CAB???? I'd like to see/steal some ideas:D :rock:

There are three tweeters in the dash. One center, one left, and one right. The wiring for those three speakers terminate above the glove box. Actually all the wiring for all the speakers in the truck terminate in that one area. The only speaker you can't tone out is the sub as a signal is sent from the factory amp to another amp, located under the front center seat, which then feeds the sub.

Cablefed said:
There are three tweeters in the dash. One center, one left, and one right. The wiring for those three speakers terminate above the glove box. Actually all the wiring for all the speakers in the truck terminate in that one area. The only speaker you can't tone out is the sub as a signal is sent from the factory amp to another amp, located under the front center seat, which then feeds the sub.

nice....thanks so i CAN steal some stereo ideas from here then :2in1:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back