aftermarket stero

SRT-10 RAM VIPER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys my factory stereo is broken time to replace it with and aftermarket one. Question is if i put an aftermarket one. Would the factory 10 in sub work. Don't want to get rid of my factory system?

You can replace it and have all the factory speakers working. But it cost like 160 for the wiring harness. I bypassed everything and amplified it with an infinity five channel. Couldn't be happier with the result. Hope this helped. If you called crutched field they can tell you what harness you need.

Hi,

If you want to go for double din with Navigation and keep on using the infinity system and steering wheel controls, you have to get yourself 2 adapter :

- axxess chto-02
- axxess aswc-1 (steering wheel control)

All the best

Arne

Hi,

If you want to go for double din with Navigation and keep on using the infinity system and steering wheel controls, you have to get yourself 2 adapter :

- axxess chto-02
- axxess aswc-1 (steering wheel control)

All the best

Arne

Will it work the same for single din

I have both a complete aftermarket Kenwood with custom bezel and harness or an RB4 or sale. I can text over pics, 623-688-3789

Single din uses same harness. The drawback with the factory system over new amp etc is you can only change the overall bass response and not the sub level. Advantage is you don't have to rewire everything. I had 2 brand new Kenwoods that wouldn't work when I cranked the truck (something about the low voltage during crank made them lock up). Not saying it's all Kenwoods, but I was 0/2. Switched to Alpine and had no issues. Crutchfield will give you half off the harness if you buy the head unit from them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back