Ahh another o2 sensor problem!!!

FaSt ReD SrT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh hey guys... the truck was running amazing for the last like 300 miles with these new mid pipes and sims on it... but now all of the sudden I have a code....

P0138-O2 SENSOR 1/2 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH - SRT10

It is the rear sensor under my driver's seat with the new mechanical sim in it... I wonder what the problem could be????

Please help me if you can...

Thanks,
Bryan Schoonmaker

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Ahhh hey guys... the truck was running amazing for the last like 300 miles with these new mid pipes and sims on it... but now all of the sudden I have a code....

It is the rear sensor under my driver's seat with the new mechanical sim in it... I wonder what the problem could be????

Thanks,
Bryan Schoonmaker

1/2 voltage sounds like a wire is loose. Start with checking the wires for loose connections.

Ok.... Here is the deal... I let the truck cool down... got under it... and this is what I found.

With these new mechanical o2 sims that you just screw in... it raises the height of the sensor... with that being said... my sensor is hitting and putting gouges in my heat shield below the driver seat... This in turn is almost like crushing the wires on top and ruining my sensor...

Looks like Boomer just installed the bung in the wrong spot and too far up on the pipe, what the hell am I going to do now...???

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Looks like Boomer just installed the bung in the wrong spot and too far up on the pipe, what the hell am I going to do now...???
Just do a little 'tweaking' of the heat shield to give the O2 some clearance.

Stingray said:
Just do a little 'tweaking' of the heat shield to give the O2 some clearance.

Haha did that to install it... banged the heatshield upward until it made contact with the cab's floor....:mad:

Call Gary and see if he can make you a new pipe with a relocated bung? I hope this wont be the case with the batch he's making now. I'm first on the list for a set since I was 30 secs too late for his last batch.

i had to weld a bung to make mine work and put a plug in the old spot muffler shop did it in an hour even painted it 30 bucks , mine was hitten the floor made a bad rattle

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:

Thanks,
Bryan Schoonmaker
bryan, just call here when you have an issue, and we can fix it before you have a panic attack;) :D
i can just machine down a shorter sym that allow you to have clearance. in the mean time, just route the wires a better way, and put a piece of insulation between the wires and the heat shield and in the meantime i can machine down a shorter sym. i have your shifter done and i can ship it with that. let me know

BOOMER said:
bryan, just call here when you have an issue, and we can fix it before you have a panic attack;) :D
i can just machine down a shorter sym that allow you to have clearance. in the mean time, just route the wires a better way, and put a piece of insulation between the wires and the heat shield and in the meantime i can machine down a shorter sym. i have your shifter done and i can ship it with that. let me know

Haha thanks alot Gary, you are the man... I would have called... but I usually get the answering machine 97.98473% of the time :D

If you could do that for me and send that Gen IV out, that would be amazing.

Thanks,
Bryan

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Haha thanks alot Gary, you are the man... I would have called... but I usually get the answering machine 97.98473% of the time :D

If you could do that for me and send that Gen IV out, that would be amazing.

Thanks,
Bryan
no prob, you have got to leave a message. i average 200 plus phone calls a day~Just for me. if i answered them- i wouldnt have time for anything. i will always return a call, and if you leave me a detailed message, i can be prepared to help you when i call back. usually i have 4 lines going at once, so please always leave a message. there are times when i tig welding, i can hear the phone ringing, but obviously cant answer it, and the same person will let it ring (7 rings) till the voice mail picks up, then they hang up and call back the same way 6 (42 rings!) times, but never leave a message. please do that so i can better serve you

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back