Air Force....

qdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you served in the USAF? and went to the Academy? I might play some ball too.

i graduate HS in two years and I would like to go the Academy to get an Engineering degree, and be an Airman. I'd like to join an Ops group or something like that, not just general flying. who knows what I'll end up in.

. Just want to hear some of your stories and experiences and stuff.

I've got a congressman and a 3-Star's recommendation, and i'm working on the C.S. hours.

oh, and is there a difference between the Academy and the community college?

Big time.

It not just a 4 year degree. It also tells your future employer you been trained as a leader.

If you can go to the Academy, your a knot head to pick community college instead.

Would you rather have a S10 pickup or a SRT 10..
S10 being community college and SRT being a degree from the Academy.

I agree bud.... plus a little military service does the body good and you'll be a better person for it

Ahh Airforce is weak...if you want to be a fag go ahead and join the airforce...better yet the Navy!! LOL no I'm just kidding, best move I've ever made....Whatever branch you chose you'll better yourself bro!! I will say that if i could do it over, i probably would have went to the Airforce....hands down....

You got my 2 cents

I would be unbelievably proud if one of my boys decided to enter one of the academies. Preferably Annapolis with a Marine commission, but any of them would be awesome.

I noticed when I served that academy grads were so much better leaders than the others. In fact my best company commander ever graduated 6th in his class, and wasn't the least bit arrogant about it.

And if you do go to the Air Force academy maybe you will be able to answer a question that has long been nagging me. Why does the Air Force get their uniforms from the same place as the Post Office? heheheheh

The community college is the Academy Prep school. They send guys there that don't quite have high enough grades but score high in other areas. You do a year or two there and then finish up at the actual AF Academy. I know a lot of guys that graduated there and all of them say it's a really hard school and you have to deal with a lot of bullsh*t, but in the end, it's all worth it. If you go, do your best not to get stuck in space and missiles as a career. It's not nearly as cool as it sounds.

johnnybravo said:
The community college is the Academy Prep school. They send guys there that don't quite have high enough grades but score high in other areas. You do a year or two there and then finish up at the actual AF Academy. I know a lot of guys that graduated there and all of them say it's a really hard school and you have to deal with a lot of bullsh*t, but in the end, it's all worth it. If you go, do your best not to get stuck in space and missiles as a career. It's not nearly as cool as it sounds.

Most things in the service aren't:(

Troy's QC SRT said:
Most things in the service aren't:(

That's the truth! It's usually whatever you make of it, but the missiles career is all nukes and the life just blows. Nothing but exercises for stuff that probably will never happen.

10 yrs USAF here. Qualified for the Academy, but PCS'd from England at the time. 21st B-day cutoff came and went with my paperwork lost - was never sent from my command back to the Academy.
ChairForce is the only way to go though. Enlisted or Officer.. same cool factor for sure. :D

qdaddy said:
well i'm top 2% percent of my HS class, so grades aren't an issue :)

Personally, I say it's a tremendous opportunity. The education is one of the best you'll get plus you'll graduate with a guaranteed, good paying job and zero debt. Oh, and Colorado Springs rocks.

qdaddy said:
what does ChairForce mean..haha?

That's what the other services call the Air Force... basically because we do more shit that sucks:eek: more field time, longer deployments, shittier living quarters, etc while they chill out in the AC :( :dontknow: :D :marchmellow:

LoveThisTruck said:
That's what the other services call the Air Force... basically because we do more shit that sucks:eek: more field time, longer deployments, shittier living quarters, etc while they chill out in the AC :( :dontknow: :D :marchmellow:

Yeah buddy! Jealously is an ugly thing:p

johnnybravo said:
Yeah buddy! Jealously is an ugly thing:p
Talk about jealousy. I left for Parris Island the same day the girl I was seeing left for AF Boot Camp, if you can really call it that. The letters I got from her killed me! Sounded more like she was at a slumber party hehehe.

Of course, it was all good 13 weeks later when I got to wear that USMC uniform!

Air Force brat here. Grew up in Co Spgs just off the Academy south gate. Went to Air Academy High. Grades weren't up there to get into the Academy.
Parents were sponsors(surrogate family)of a Cadet there back in the 80's
He now is a Wing Commander back east coast somewhere.

OCBob said:
Talk about jealousy. I left for Parris Island the same day the girl I was seeing left for AF Boot Camp, if you can really call it that. The letters I got from her killed me! Sounded more like she was at a slumber party hehehe.

Of course, it was all good 13 weeks later when I got to wear that USMC uniform!

Can't deny it. Our basic training was a joke. I was in way worse shape when I finished than I was when I got there. Used to only be 6 weeks but they just upped it to 9. Still a joke though. But it's always funny when I get other service guys in my clinic and they see how chill it is.

AF = better chance at a good family life and better standard of living for everybody. New airmen live in 4 bedroom apartments we call dorms. But you get called a vagina by everybody else.
USMC and Army = More glory with all the deployments. Live in a 1 room with 4 other dudes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back