Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Hookup ?

SilvrSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you hooking up the Air/Fuel ratio gauge. From what I've read I will need the O2 sensor kit. Does this replace one of our O2 sensors or will I need to put another hole in my exhaust system for this sensor. Can the gauge be connected another way? Thanks for any info.

Which guage? The autometer narrowband style (like the "SRT" guages that mopar sells) are good for a light show and thats about it, it is not safe to use for tuning or even engine monitoring IMO.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Which guage? The autometer narrowband style (like the "SRT" guages that mopar sells) are good for a light show and thats about it, it is not safe to use for tuning or even engine monitoring IMO.
Justin
Yeah, That's the one. Thanks for your input. On to my next great idea.;)

Dave,

Get a wideband 02 sensor, a wideband gauge. Weld a bung in the exhaust (before the cats, in the collector) and enjoy the safety :D

-Red

I've got the pretty SRT one that does nothing except a light show if anyone wants it :) I'm getting my AEM a/f through Justin next month.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I've got the pretty SRT one that does nothing except a light show if anyone wants it :) I'm getting my AEM a/f through Justin next month.
PM Sent.

Wideband definitely.
One for each cyl would be super!

JMB Justin said:
Justin

FYI-They (Autometer) are also making a wideband version now, just came out a month or so ago...

Ok, Silver SRT, you brought me out. How are you doing buddy.
Go with wide band only. I used the tripple pod with autometer for fuel pressure & boost. Got sick of delays for the autometer A/F and went with the aem for the wide band. Welded a bung into the Band B exhaust and works great. If you have any C2 autometer gauges and the blue light is too bright give me a call, i've got a great fix. Didn't I see you were selling your truck?
whats the deal?

VIPER HP said:
Ok, Silver SRT, you brought me out. How are you doing buddy.
Go with wide band only. I used the tripple pod with autometer for fuel pressure & boost. Got sick of delays for the autometer A/F and went with the aem for the wide band. Welded a bung into the Band B exhaust and works great. If you have any C2 autometer gauges and the blue light is too bright give me a call, i've got a great fix. Didn't I see you were selling your truck?
whats the deal?
Sell? Nope not me. I'm going to be buried in my truck when I die. Dave T (BADVENM) Gave me a heck of a deal on a SRT Narrow A/F Meter. Right now I just want it for show and to fill the top hole in my 3 gauge pillar. I haven't done anything to the truck to seriously have to watch the ratio. When I do something performance wise, I'll either change it out to a nitrous pressure gauge or vac/boost gauge depending which way I go. It's a ways off so I'm all show/no go for now.

What color wire is the signal wire off one of the front o2 sensors? Anybody??

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
What color wire is the signal wire off one of the front o2 sensors? Anybody??
The drivers side O2 signal wire is dark blue with light blue tracer. The pass side is dark blue with light green.

Stingray said:
The drivers side O2 signal wire is dark blue with light blue tracer. The pass side is dark blue with light green.

Thank you extremely very mucho much.:rock:

VIPER HP said:
To Silver SRT 10, Sorry I got my SilverSRT mixed up with SilverSTR10 on selling your truck.
No problem bro. Easy mix up to make. ;)

Are our O2 sensors (stock) narrow or wideband sensors. I've got Autometer telling me they're wideband but I was under the impression they were the narrow since they only have four wires.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Are our O2 sensors (stock) narrow or wideband sensors. I've got Autometer telling me they're wideband but I was under the impression they were the narrow since they only have four wires.
The stock O2 sensors are narrow band.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back