AIR RIDE SUSPENSION

sparksftball69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to do Air Ride Suspension. But im not sure what it will actually give me. other than controlled height...Will it make the truck handle worst. sometimes i want a softer suspension but others i want stiffer for improved handling. any input would help.

Welcome to the forum...

I would like answers to this also .... Anyone on here have this setup??? Is there a system you recommend??? What does it take to install???

sparksftball69 said:
Looking to do Air Ride Suspension. But im not sure what it will actually give me. other than controlled height...Will it make the truck handle worst. sometimes i want a softer suspension but others i want stiffer for improved handling. any input would help.
Have you looked at the adjustable shocks? I do not know if air bags will work on our trucks without some alterations.

I was told a few years back that the frame had to be modified some?????

VIPR PWR said:
Some of the guys looked into it, But i do not think it went anywhere. Maybe do a search and find some posts. I am sure someone will jump in soon.

ok i don't have the time right now to explain it all but i used to build air ride suspensions for a shop down in austin tx.... basicly if you have it done correctly and it will cost you a good bit of money but it has to be a good shop! if done correctly it should fix most of our traction problems make it handle and ride like a caddy.. all in all if done correctly it would be bad ass... not laid on the ground but a ride height a little bit high than what stinkers kit gives you would be perfect!

VIPR PWR said:

yes frame must be cut and welded on to make a correct set up

sparksftball69 said:
I'm going to shoot a email to AIRBAGIT.com just to see what they have to say.
Keep us posted, And welcome to the club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i got a hold or RideTech and this is what i was told would work but that the rear mounting brackets would have to be modified due the the rear axle being different on the SRT 10 over the reg Ram.

http://www.ridetech.com/shop/index.p...tures_hash=V58

not sure if the replacement control arms would bolt up and if the SRT 10 has the same mounting points as the Ram? any insight would help. thinking about doing it but will be doing most all work myself.

Did Psyco Mythic (Cody) sell off his parts :dontknow:
Shoot him a PM and see if he has anything left. I think he might have the control arms.

Welcome. Do you have a RC or Quad? If you have a RC and want to road race it I don't think you'd want air bags.

i have a quad cab. no plans to road race it in the near future just want a little more control over the suspension height/ride.

Anyone successfully bag there truck yet. I'm thinking this would be good for the mile. Drop her on the ground.

Air ride technologies has alot of nice stuff ,they even have remote sytems too that you can cotrol from the cab,the shock wave is the one with the shock built into the bag(I think lol) which can be swapped out with our front spring to make things real simple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX0WHS_iko0]ridetech :: Air Ride Technologies - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back