Air space in rc sub enclosure?

ViperTruck05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says. Never had the sub out to look inside and get a good measurement. Would like to use stock box, add some sound deadining, and throw in a Image dynamics ID10.

As the title says. Never had the sub out to look inside and get a good measurement. Would like to use stock box, add some sound deadining, and throw in a Image dynamics ID10.

Very small bro, doubt even .5 cubic foot :(
Sounds great with stock speaker and I'm sure one that requires minimum airspace would sound better.

It's a little less than 1CU FT. I have been researchingt subs myself, and I think I will be cutting out the face of the box and putting in a shallow depth 12" sub. I'll have to to a little cutting on the box, but that's no big deal to me.

It's a little less than 1CU FT. I have been researchingt subs myself, and I think I will be cutting out the face of the box and putting in a shallow depth 12" sub. I'll have to to a little cutting on the box, but that's no big deal to me.

Good info. :)

Thanx for the info :) I've used ID subs for a while and it sounds like the stock box might work great :) Trying to keep 100% stock look. I have some vintage MbQuart 3 way components (before they sold out) for the front and I'm going to uprade the subwoofer and sub amp. The headunit and stock front amp actually sounds dam good with the Mb's.......stock sub....not so much.

Filled mine with that poly fiber stuff and put a better sub speaker in...sounds much better

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back