SNAKEGUTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody do there own alignment after lowerin?:dontknow:

Just lookin 4 tips or tricks if any.:D

SNAKEGUTS said:
Anybody do there own alignment after lowerin?:dontknow:

Just lookin 4 tips or tricks if any.:D
pretty straight forward, may have to use a die grinder on the upper a arm mounts ( increase the slot in the mounting bracket):)

As wifey mentioned you may have to increase the adjustment slot on 04/05 upper control arms. I had to go additional 10mm to give my alignment guy enough room to bring it all back correctly.

Chuck B said:
As wifey mentioned you may have to increase the adjustment slot on 04/05 upper control arms. I had to go additional 10mm to give my alignment guy enough room to bring it all back correctly.
that is .393 inches for the math impaired:D :elefant:

take the truck sit it on level ground

run a string from the front of the tire to each side and the rear of the tire to each side
set it to where tthe truck has about a 1/16th inch toe in , or 1/16th less in the front

then run a string from the front to the rear of the tires jsut on the outside of the tire, you can striaghtend the steerin wheel this way,

after every adjsutment, roll the truck back and forth to settle the suspension

then take a normal level and run it up the side of the tire, in the center, get the bubble level on the pass side, that will be close to 0 degree camber, and a little outside on the drivers, you wnat about .2 camber on the drives side, since you arent too heavy a guy.

that will get you close enough to get it to the shop:)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
take the truck sit it on level ground

run a string from the front of the tire to each side and the rear of the tire to each side
set it to where tthe truck has about a 1/16th inch toe in , or 1/16th less in the front

then run a string from the front to the rear of the tires jsut on the outside of the tire, you can striaghtend the steerin wheel this way,

after every adjsutment, roll the truck back and forth to settle the suspension

then take a normal level and run it up the side of the tire, in the center, get the bubble level on the pass side, that will be close to 0 degree camber, and a little outside on the drivers, you wnat about .2 camber on the drives side, since you arent too heavy a guy.

that will get you close enough to get it to the shop:)

Or you can get a standard 24" carpenter level and set your camber to 0 degree then take a standard 2x4 and place it in front of the front tires and mark the 2x4 where tread begins on each tire. Now place the 2x4 behind the front tires and compare marks to tread. Adjust toe in to get approx same front to rear. Plenty close enough to get the truck to an alignment shop. But please see a real alignment shop not some BigO or other franchise little box with teenagers working within. A good alignment person can really sharpen up the handling.

Thanks all.:)

Bout what I figured.

Will keep an eye on the camber and the upper a-arm mounts.

Also still workin on flipin the tie rods.:p

Nice to know I'm not the only guy who use's strings and levels. LOL!:rock:

Although I have beed lookin at the camber and toe gauge's.

SNAKEGUTS said:
Thanks all.:)

Bout what I figured.

Will keep an eye on the camber and the upper a-arm mounts.

Also still workin on flipin the tie rods.:p

Nice to know I'm not the only guy who use's strings and levels. LOL!:rock:

Although I have beed lookin at the camber and toe gauge's.
if you have a protractor just set it on the level , you can measure the degrees that way:D

i just eyeballed mine to get it across town to the alignment shop

eddie102870 said:
Truck drivers and owners, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh:p :D :elefant:

Wifey said:
if you have a protractor just set it on the level , you can measure the degrees that way:D

Levels, Strings, Protractors and some duct tape......No problem.:D :rock:

eddie102870 said:

But I am a dumbass and like to do everything the hard way.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back