Almost fixed. No Race tomorrow

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we tried but I won't be racing tomorrow (Dec. 2) at Famoso. Special thanks to Chris Jensen and Brian Kono of AfterHours Automotive. More issues discovered, but we are very close. The stumbling problem was not the tune as I thought. Chris discovered the gas tank was not baffled and since I usually ran with a 1/4 tank (to save weight).... on the launch all the fuel would rush to the back of the tank and the fuel pumps would be sucking air, thus the stumble. The fix was to install a surge tank with extra fuel pumps, so the pumps in the tank could keep the surge tank full and end the fuel starvation. Chris was not happy with a slight issue of the truck losing vacuum after warming up. Once these issues are resolved I will try to go to Sacramento Raceway or another strip once the truck is ready.

However the CTSV was finished tonight and , a dyno tomorrow and I will be at Famoso on Sunday (Red List Race) and make a few passes with the new engine, lower gears in the 6-speed and new McLeod clutch set-up. Brad will be there to video, so any of you members with a GM bodied car come on out on sunday. Gates open at 7am, racing from 10am to 5pm.

That sucks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back