Almost got a ticket today

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was going down a road today and came up behind a yellow vette. He started to speed up and then my radar detector went off. He must of had a radar detector also because we both slowed down at the same time. My V1 showed that the the radar was coming from the front, and then I saw a cop come over the hill.

After the cop past us we both started to speed up until I look at the V1 and it still showed the radar coming from in front of us. I then slowed down and the vette just kept going. When we got over the hill there was a FHP (Florida hwy patrol) sitting on the side of the road with his radar on. Needless to say I think the vette did not have a V1 and just thought the radar was coming from behind him after the first cop past us.

I watched the FHP pull over the vette guy. He looked pi$$ off at me as I past him.

I love the V1 and the arrows on it:star: . If I had any other radar detector I would have been pulled over today.
Paul

Noice....................... V1....

But what if yer pulled over and they see the V1....?

Isn't that a fairly fat ticket...?

D

CLOSE CALL, WHEN EVER YA SPEED UR ROLLING THE DICE.....

Django said:

D

NAW, THEY USUALLY JUST LAUGH AND SAY " GUESS IT DIDNT WORK , HUH?"

Django said:

D

It is not illegal in florida to have a radar detector. Besides when I saw the FHP turning around I had it pulled down and in the console :D

Yep, Love my V1 too. Have it hard wired in and I don't leave home without it. Saved my arse many of times. Glad U didn't get a ticket. :)

Last edited:
They are not illegal here in Michigan, just don't try crossing over into Canada with it.

Bill.

not illegal, got mine hard wired up top and out of the way, would be hard to spot unless the cop is a dwarf

in cali it is illegal and you will get a ticket and it will be a big fat one

Django said:

D
I thought Radars are Legal And its the Jammers that are Illgeal :dontknow: Btw I need a V1 Badly also.

Annu Kumar said:
I thought Radars are Legal And its the Jammers that are Illgeal :dontknow: Btw I need a V1 Badly also.
I believe Annu is correct on this. In Cali.

J.R.

Annu Kumar said:
I need a V1 Badly also.
I almost went with a Bel, but after reading all of the reports and people testimonials, I knew I would be buying second best. With as much as you run around town you definitely need one!

Paul

I figure with all of the tickets that I have avoided, my V1 has paid for itself a couple of times over!!

Glad yours was on, and you were paying attention!!

I thought the only state that they were illegal in, was Virginia. :dontknow:
I know they have big signs as yuo enter the state telling you that they are illegal. I have heard that if you have it in the vehicle when they pull you over, and it is warm, they will confiscate it, AND write you a ticket!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back