Almost lost it.

dodgeff232

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was going down interstate 400 which is a 4 lane. anyways i was truckin at about 70mph or so. I was in the right lane and there was a car in front of me and a dodge ram daytona in the left lane beside me. The guy in the daytona pulled up bedside me and was reving his truck. He took off so naturally i did the same. I came around the car infront of me and after i passed it i went back into the right lane and i was in 4th i think. i easily passed the daytona, looked up and there was a car in my lane, so i matted it and went in to the left lane about 20 ft in front of the daytona. as i was merging the ass end of my truck came around. i was basicly blocking two lanes. luckily i corrected and straighten the truck up. scared the piss out of me though. i don't know how i didn't flip it. i must of had a angel ridin shotgun on that one. thats what happens when you showoff i guess.

Glad your OK.... Bet you won't do that again. :eek: ;) (I did the same thing a few years ago in my Lightning..... I don't f*ck around on the highway anymore.)

dodgeff232 said:
So I was going down interstate 400 which is a 4 lane. anyways i was truckin at about 70mph or so. I was in the right lane and there was a car in front of me and a dodge ram daytona in the left lane beside me. The guy in the daytona pulled up bedside me and was reving his truck. He took off so naturally i did the same. I came around the car infront of me and after i passed it i went back into the right lane and i was in 4th i think. i easily passed the daytona, looked up and there was a car in my lane, so i matted it and went in to the left lane about 20 ft in front of the daytona. as i was merging the ass end of my truck came around. i was basicly blocking two lanes. luckily i corrected and straighten the truck up. scared the piss out of me though. i don't know how i didn't flip it. i must of had a angel ridin shotgun on that one. thats what happens when you showoff i guess.

Atleast you weren't going through the quick pass lane at the toll!!! :eek:

Glad you corrected, and manage to escape harm. :rock:

Ass end must have bounced up and caused it. I remember those east coast interstates had some rather large gaps sometimes! All that torque we have and very little weight in the bed can be scary at higher speeds. Nice save dude..........would have hated to read about a different ending.

patrick

this is why i wont hand my keys to anyone. they just dont understand the power that these truck make and even less how to handle the power. gald your ok but you need to respect the power you have.

glad you are ok....I keep a couple hundred pounds of stuff in the bed of my truck...seems to help....

dodgeff232 said:
How fast were you going when your ass end broke lose?

good thing you are alright and yes there probably was an angel with you.

i didnt fair so well..........although God had his hands on me

check it out

i replaced it with this

traction is a beautiful thing

good save , sounds like you turned back too fast into the other lane, try a hellwing rearsway bar it helps when the rear of our trucks gets light.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back