Alright boys need some advice from all you really smart people

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not you didn't you read the title????

But seriously, need a little advice and or help

So in first and second this is more noticeable, when I'm at steady throttle usually 3/4 throttle to wide open it will hit about 3700 to 4000 rpm and it's like I get an extra boost of power. My revs start to pick up faster and it throws me in my seat a little more. I don't know if that's a good discription... Actually, it feels like that's when my vtec cuts in hahaha

I also notice every now and then my idle also hangs a bit when it drops down and sits around 1100 rpm before dropping. So im pondering tps sensor??

Thoughts? Ideas? :D

TPS, mine did the same thing.

And I know what your saying, feels like turbo spooling up. ever since I did the clutch & flywheel, that has gone away.

So your clutch and flywheel fixed it? Or new tps?? Did you notice an overall power difference?

tps fixed the idle hang at lights.

After I did the clutch and all, the truck didnt have like a turbo lag effect.

Could of been just my clutch slipping a tad, cause it was pretty beat when it came out.

I did notice a difference with the flywheel and clutch, revs go down much faster, seems little bit more peppy from a roll.

Hmm... I got a new clutch and new flywheel in her

I have no clue then, How did you drive your truck after the clutch was installed. I went about 300-400 miles before I really went WOT, or came off a light hard.

Yeah it was correctly broken in. Don't think it's slipping at all.

Yeah it was correctly broken in. Don't think it's slipping at all.

You got me, but idle hang, change the TPS. I did mine and it was instant, no more hang time at lights.

few other guys on here also had the same problem with the tps also.

on mine, bout 3700ish is when the power band starts.

WOT she will push ya back in the seat & scoot:rock::burnout::D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back