Am I missing something?

ifineed2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a spot in my engine that appears (I say that because I'm very new to this) to be missing something, like a bolt. I have included a picture and have seen other 10's that do not appear to be missing this particular part. I went to a dealership today and was told that it was "nothing to worry about" but if I'm missing a part, I want to fix it.

There's a spot on the left hand side (Right hand side if facing the engine from the front) just to the left of the headers that has an obvious spot that is missing what appears to be a bolt. It appears to go into the block, any help would be greatly appreciated. There's no doubt that something was there...hopefully you pro's can help me.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 62
Well, I got the same empty hole and have put 33,000 miles on my truck since October last year, so not to worry. :rock: Maybe it is Dodge's attempt at weight reduction. :dontknow:

optional extra:hello::D

or

weight savins:rock::D

May be that this threaded hole is used for the Viper application or during the manufacturing process to secure during machining?:dontknow:

I wouldn't worry about it, get headers and you will never notice it is there.

Missing bolt

I went and looked at mine, and my "overhead steam evaporator" is bolted there.;)

probably used to bolt to an engine stand :D

Amazing how this made us scramble to look at something probably never noticed before. And to see the threaded mystery hole likely doesn't mean anything.. I kind'a feel screwed.

Thank you guys, I am very new to this vehicle so I'm figuring things out as I go along. I really appreciate the help....and yeah I do want to put headers on it, but one thing at a time.

Amazing how this made us scramble to look at something probably never noticed before. And to see the threaded mystery hole likely doesn't mean anything.. I kind'a feel screwed.

Me too, I ran out to see if mine was like that too haha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back