Am I wasting my time?

srtaggie said:
Thats about what I've been able to deduce from my research right now. I've also got a guy here at work that knows a guy.;)

Do a need sims for all 4 sensors? or just the upstream?

Down Stream...I have a stock PCM with the Split Second and the Mechanical 02 Simulators...

first how far have you driven the truck? when you disconnect the battery it probably [resets] ecm and you need a certain number of miles or you need to drive in a certain cycle once you get about 100 or so miles it will be o.k. if check engine light is not on it will pass all but visual test.

The mopar pcm will pass with no cats, Texas has the same test as georga... The pcm just needs time to relearn everything, then bring it back and do it again. If it doesn't pass then then get a print out of why it won't and go from there...

...or you could just slip the guy a 100$ cash....

BigRed460 said:
The mopar pcm will pass with no cats, Texas has the same test as georga... The pcm just needs time to relearn everything, then bring it back and do it again. If it doesn't pass then then get a print out of why it won't and go from there...

...or you could just slip the guy a 100$ cash....

Thats what I was told by the emissions guy. I think that is my best option. I'll drive it around a bunch the next couple of days and try again later in the week.

If not, i've got a guy but he wants $275 to help me. Would still be cheaper then changing the pcm and adding cats.:D

I guess it took a Texas Man to get a solid answer.:rock:

Man, do I miss my state!! I'm so ready to get the hell outta the atl.

srtaggie said:
Man, do I miss my state!! I'm so ready to get the hell outta the atl.

Go the hell home then! :D Only steers and queers come from Texas, and you ain't got any horns!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck with the fix. . . I'm assuming the truck is titled in Atlanta, GA? In North GA, there is no testing or inspections at all.

Roz-SRT said:
Go the hell home then! :D Only steers and queers come from Texas, and you ain't got any horns!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck with the fix. . . I'm assuming the truck is titled in Atlanta, GA? In North GA, there is no testing or inspections at all.

Yep, I'm in marietta. Gotta love these code red smog days! I guess its kinda ironic b/c i'm definitely not helping matters.:burnout:

I've got my money ready just in case I've gotta pay the man for the hook up.:D

There are some emmissions testing programs that cannot correctly read the CAN 2 systems in the SRT10 trucks.
They must be tested in a different way.
I don't know about your state but as I said some of the testing software cannot differentiate the system and fails it automaticly.
Just a thought.

i think it is the mopar performance pcm. it shuts off the rear o2 to not kick the check engine light. are you sure they will not look under the truck? and are you sure they wont sniff this eather? i have on my truck mopar headers with cat delete mids, mopar cat back and a mopar performance pcm. now i will not have to do my emmissions for 5 years but i plan on dealing with that once i come to it. i bet the sinffer will catch this set up. but if your saying all they did was plug a computer into the truck then it is your PCM and they are catching that there is not signal to the rear o2 sensors.

just a guess but good luck

seems to me that if you have a flashed pcm & you put enough miles between the times when you have the battery disconnected & deq only plugs in -- then you should pass....... personally, i think this to be too risky for me....
that's why with my complete b&b exhaust, i ordered both sets of mids & had them flanged for ease of swap out for emission testing....... you never know when they might get a hair & sniff test or do a visual.......:D

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13367&highlight=b&b

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back