Amazing

Now everything is made by automated machines using recycled materials,,,,
Damn, those engines bring a new meaning to Cubic feet... need to put one in the truck or should I say put the truck in the engine:D:rock: :rock:

The venerable machinist has been made obsolete......

FM.

The glory days of the US made machined goods...... probably gone forever.

FM....

D

no one was wearing safety glasses our steel toed boots and I could be wrong but I saw a couple machines that looked like the gaurds were removed..lol

Great pics John..

Riff62 said:
no one was wearing safety glasses our steel toed boots and I could be wrong but I saw a couple machines that looked like the gaurds were removed..lol

Great pics John..
I was thinking the same thing. No hard hats, no hearing protection etc. Probably couldn't be done these days (or cost prohibitive) with OSHA looking over their shoulders looking for a reason to fine them.

now there would be engineers to study the ergonomics of the machinists job, union reps, oversight committees, monthly safety training, and mandatory recycling programs, as well as LEAN, and Six Sigma...lol

Great pics John. Our biggest lathe is a 48" faceplate, Niles, with a 20' bed. The one in the pics makes ours look miniature. :D

viperhauler said:
brings new definition to "custom ground cams" :D

cams on a 2-stroke :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

excellent :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

not a friggin puter in sight either.
all brain power.

thats also one of the most impressive features of the SR-71.
slide rules & pencils:congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock:

thats bad ass, we still have a local iron works here in town those guys can do anything with metal. nothing on that scale though...lol great post.

Just think of the force it took to bend that rod like that, damn.

Bill.

Begood said:
Just think of the force it took to bend that rod like that, damn.

Bill.

& it happened in the blink of an eye:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back