Amp bypass for stereo

I just listen to my truck. I have never used the radio on the road, too busy hanging on. It does work, I have tried it. The amp from under the seat wasn't wired right and now it sits on the tool box. No doof doof. who cares
I don't think the amp is original its a JBL

@HemiLonestar posted a link but I can't open it. Maybe he can elaborate. It does look like a great system.
I did a little digging. They went out of business. Shame, they had awesome customer service support. They had just updated the this particular compatible unit. Contacted me last year to see if I was interested in a trade-in to upgrade.

I did a little digging. They went out of business. Shame, they had awesome customer service support. They had just updated the this particular compatible unit. Contacted me last year to see if I was interested in a trade-in to upgrade.
That explains why the link doesn’t work .
So who what and where would you be able to get that system now ?

I am confused. What is the brand of the radio?
We don't know that yet unless it was their own brand but it's not showing on the radio in the pics.

@HemiLonestar do you remember the brand of the unit? Thanks!

I am confused. What is the brand of the radio?

We don't know that yet unless it was their own brand but it's not showing on the radio in the pics.

@HemiLonestar do you remember the brand of the unit? Thanks!
Insane Audio IS (WAS) the brand. They weren't the vendor, they were the creator. They created a variety of Android based head units (to fit mostly Jeeps from about 2002 on, plus one for the FJ) they were just about completely plug & play with the onboard elex, including OEM amps and designed to fit perfectly into the native dash opening. As their website and phone line appear to be down, it is a very good educated guess that they didn't survive the last few years of economic shite.

That explains why the link doesn’t work .
So who what and where would you be able to get that system now ?
Used. I actually just removed mine, I might be persuaded to part with it since it is unlikely I'll have another vehicle with that dash opening again.

Insane Audio IS (WAS) the brand. They weren't the vendor, they were the creator. They created a variety of Android based head units (to fit mostly Jeeps from about 2002 on, plus one for the FJ) they were just about completely plug & play with the onboard elex, including OEM amps and designed to fit perfectly into the native dash opening. As their website and phone line appear to be down, it is a very good educated guess that they didn't survive the last few years of economic shite.

Used. I actually just removed mine, I might be persuaded to part with it since it is unlikely I'll have another vehicle with that dash opening again.
Thanks!! That explains it in detail

Thanks!! That explains it in detail

How do you want for it? I am new to this so have got rid of your SRT10 or are replacing it with a different radio?

Would you be interested in selling your radio? Curious why you are selling it?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back