An '04 sold as an '05 ??

EddieSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a question that needs some light shown on. We have a Viper truck that was sold to us as an '05. As these trucks didn't change much, didn't see any difference. Checked the brakes, and they are the 4 Piston callipers. So had some assurance.

However, found the build date as 09/04.

Would this be classed as an 04 for build? Or 05 for the dealers new car timeline.

Never did understand how the new cars could be sold early the year before.

Hi,

Calipers could be changed, but are an indication.
05's have a knock sensor 04's not. Not easy to find though.

Easiest is to do a ViN check. Built date sept.04 can be mod. 05.

All the best

Arne

Plenty of vehicles will have previous year build dates. This is most probably the case and you do have an 05.

Hi,

Calipers could be changed, but are an indication.
05's have a knock sensor 04's not. Not easy to find though.

Easiest is to do a ViN check. Built date sept.04 can be mod. 05.

All the best

Arne

Arne, to go along with what you said it is probably an 05 if built that late in the year, ALTHOUGH I do believe some of the early model 05's still came through with the original design and do not have the knock sensor's!

Easy way to see from outside. Check tag on differential for gear ratio. Like VPRPWRD said 04=4.10, 05/06=4.56

Also underhood, look on passenger side of block lower for crank sensor if an 05. If you follow wire and see sensor on rear side of block passenger side it's an 04:D

Read this page

Viper Truck Registry

It will tell you how to learn the model year and understand your date of manufacture

Jeff

Hmm. A few things to look at, once the snow has melted, and can get into the garage. Lol

What would you need to know Jeff?

It has always been my understanding that all vehicles with a build date after August were the next years model. Not sure if that still holds true.

You're reading into this too much. Early model year vehicles are made at the end of the previous year. Mine was built in 03.

When I rebuilt the page, a lot of links vanished, this link works vipertruckregistry.com

When I rebuilt the page, a lot of links vanished, this link works vipertruckregistry.com
Had that link on my profile forever .. just clicked to check it and found some eye candy :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back