and now for my next trick!!!

viperhauler

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as most of you know my 10 got in a fight with a wall... and lost...:mad:

however earlier this year, i had the opportunity to buy the 67 chevrolet c10 short bed that i got married in... while it looks like a turd, there's a $6k 355 sbc and built 350 turbo trans in it, but sadly, it never got past the parking lot before it caught fire (old wiring, what can i say, to the guys who have and who are building anything or any type of hot rod, definitely check the wiring... a long weekend and $500 is better than seeing your project go up in flames...) fortunately, the fire was put out rather quickly and besides coating the entire inside of the truck with soot, nothing else was hurt besides the gauge cluster being ruined... there was no interior to speak of, and it was a work in progress... the 6 lug front end had been switched over to a complete 5 lug 72 power disc brake setup and the 6 lug rear end was waiting on my 12 bolt to be finished from that same 72...

photo3.jpg

the plan was to finish it and drive it, maybe do an LS swap in the future, but i was just happy to have it back after 7 years...

THEN... the accident...

after some amount of heartburn, and the many memories made from her, the miles driven (116k+), 300+ passes at the drag strip, pulling a trailer for work, getting dragged across parking lots by diesel trucks (that may or may not have happened:D:rofl:) i made the decision to not fix the truck...

the intention was to simply part it out, and i'd make a few dollars, but the more i thought about it, how cool would it be to become a reincarnation, of sorts... stuff the viper motor and 6 spd. into the c10!... then after some discussions with some friends of mine, who've all done projects like this, we took some initial measurements on the dodge frame and believe it or not, the two trucks are strikingly similar in width and length (where it matters)... the plan is to now put the c10 body on the viper truck frame... giving me all the benefits of a modern drivetrain with the look of a classic truck...

it'll be a longer project than i initially thought since i don't want to rush any of it so i'll update as i can...

so far the garage is completely cleaned out and the 10 is still being parted... probably in the next few weeks we'll have the bed and cab off (the cab is gutted and wires are out), the bed is a few bolts and it can be sold...

garage.jpg

here's a teaser: hmmmmmm;)
wheel.jpg

wish me luck!:rock:

Last edited:
This is gonna be awesome, I just wished I lived closer so I could come slow you down... I mean help!:D

That's gonna be awesome. And mean so much to you were u will have all that work and dedication in it. Good luck man

So is it going to have a Dodge lug pattern?
You sold your T56. What trans. are you going with?

I love the project by the way.

This is gonna be awesome, I just wished I lived closer so I could come slow you down... I mean help!:D

Owensboro is not that far from Greenville. Or Danny could just pull his doublewide over to your property.

Yea I've gotta go through Greenville to get beer! I do have a lot set up for a camper, and my neighbor has a lift and a huge shop!

I guess I need to change that I'm in Todd co. now, no longer in Owensboro

So is it going to have a Dodge lug pattern?
You sold your T56. What trans. are you going with?

I love the project by the way.
it will retain all of the factory dodge stuff... that red wheel is a steelie from the dodge... and i've got 3 more coming... i'll swap down to 275/40/20's and that'll be about a 28" tire or so which should sit just right...

Owensboro is not that far from Greenville. Or Danny could just pull his doublewide over to your property.
i had to sell the doublewide for some beer last week... it's just a singlewide with a broke axle now:mad:

any time... door's always open, bro!

That's gonna be awesome. And mean so much to you were u will have all that work and dedication in it. Good luck man
yeah... they say you pay out the ass for sentiment... i bought that 67 for $1,200 8 years ago... got married in it, sold it for $600 with a bum motor... tried to buy it back for years and he finally said yes this spring... he's got receipts for over $6k in the motor alone... and i gave him $4k for it... course... it was burned this time, lol:evil: i my put the 355 in my 71 c10 daily that i'm driving now... that way it won't be such a waste...

yeah... i got a stock replacement from a member that got my built one... at the time i wasn't planning to do this...

in hindsight... several things i sold i kinda wish i would have kept:(

yeah... i got a stock replacement from a member that got my built one... at the time i wasn't planning to do this...

in hindsight... several things i sold i kinda wish i would have kept:(

No you cant have it back :evil:That would be me sergio:DIts in my CE now were it belongs Yabadabadoo I can power shift too :rock:

Last edited:
enjoy it while you can hippo vag...

i'll be in a truck that's 1500 lbs. lighter come panama;)

I will believe it when i see it ,,nothing like a frankenstein truck ,,make sure you paint it green and weld some big neck bolts on the fenders:D

and you will be as big as me by then big belly boy lol.

:rock::rock::rock: thats goin to be sweet:burnout::burnout::burnout:

i would bet this is a first:rock::burnout:

good luck:rock:

oh & SEE the progress. need phtos:D

ViperHauler LIVES!!!!!!!:party:

Can't Wait to see this Beast come Alive!!!!:driver: :cheers::beer::dancing2:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back