And you thought we had it bad....

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought we had it bad in America too, until I traveled to Norway. During my trip here I’ve been shocked to see how much Norwegians spend in petrol. To begin I have to put it out there that for one Norwegian Krone that’s equivalent to $0.199857. And of course the fuel is sold in liters so for one liter that’s 0.264 gallons. Now, gas prices here on average is 12.50kr/liter. When you factor in the currency and measurement conversions that tallies up to about :eek:$9.99285 A GALLON. What trips me out is they drill for oil in the North Sea like America drills in the Gulf and other places. :dontknow:I dunno about the rest of you guys and gal, but I’d have the sell both SRT’s if I were forced to pay that.

hey anthony,you know what they say "its all relative" i know norwegians working in the oilfield make a LOT of money, so...if your making twice as much money as an american counterpart.... i know this because the company i work for has a norwegian subsidiary (their union by the way). what about their national average income..i would imagine its much higher there.

I would just stay at home and look at my cars:confused:

and all of that isn't just pure profit to the oil companies. over 55% of theirs is tax, unlike the US, where an average of 62 cents of a gallon is taxed.

If I were to venture a guess.... We will be paying close to $10/gal in the next 10 -15 years. That's for GASOLINE.... Diesel will be $10/gal in 8-10 years.

I received news last night that the average for 93 octane is around $3.73/gal back home.... :confused: When is the madness going to stop? Soon we won't be able to afford driving to the gas station... let alone work.

SrtBrad said:
We just have to ask for raises.

Thanks for the advice. I tried that and it was aweful.:ahhhhh: The manager in Norway had this to say....":rofl:" and ":bird: ".. Then, after I finally finished dusting the footprint off my azz that I received when making an abrubt flying exit out of his office,:vollkommenauf: I tried to email my boss back in the U.S. and he said...":pcguru:"...:help: Apparently I am overpaid.. :dontknow:APPARENTLY!

Last edited:
shoot, if i lived there, i'd have the sweetest and fastest turbo moped chopper in all of Norway.

Bicycles and Flintstone powered scooters seem to be the in thing here. I don't blame them.

Venom Power said:
Thanks for the advice. I tried that and it was aweful.:ahhhhh: The manager in Norway had this to say....":rofl:" and ":bird: ".. Then, after I finally finished dusting the footprint off my azz that I received when making an abrubt flying exit out of his office,:vollkommenauf: I tried to email my boss back in the U.S. and he said...":pcguru:"...:help: Apparently I am overpaid.. :dontknow:APPARENTLY!

Ask him how much he is being overpaid as well?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back