Annoying pulley squeek!!!

Privatetoe82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to change out there power stearing pump or the pulley due to a squeek? Mine is squeeking like crazy when i start it up cold, and gradually starts to go away after like 20 minutes or so of idle. Its driving me crazy. Ive changed out the water pump about a month ago, changed out the idler pulley. Sounds like it is either the power steering pump or ac pump. But im leaning towards the power stearing. Ive done the WD 40 trick to see which one quiets down, and it was somewhat inconclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idler pulley, tensioner pulley & new belt should fix ya up for a while:rock::rock::rock:

Rock Auto had everything i needed to fix the prob

I just put a new factory idler pulley on tuesday. The tensioner may need to be changed out to, but the sound appears to be more on the driver side of the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the tension pulley.... I don't know if you can buy a single power steering pulley

Your A/C clutch could indeed make the noise but likely its your tensioner pulley if it hasn't been replaced. Your P/S is not likely the problem as its not on bearings as are the rest. (Tensioner,idler, alternator, water pump, and A/C clutch)
Easiest way is to simply remove belt and spin all by hand to locate source if annoying squeaks! :rock:
Scott
V1Racing

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back