annoying rattle

londongregg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this annoying rattle on cold start-ups. It does go away after it has ran/been driven for a few minutes. I can put my foot and put a little pressure on the exhaust and the rattle goes away and take my foot off and starts right back up until warm. I have crawled under and found nothing loose and have tried to tighten anything I could see and still have the same results.

I just posted this little video and tried to pick it up. It is in the 90s outside so the rattle is not that strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4O44hozGc&feature=youtu.be

Do you have a magnaflow? (didn't watch video, blocked where I'm at)

I've never heard the infamous Magnaflow rattle, but I suspect Jeff is right. You probably need a new muffler. Great video!

You are correct, not expensive. I'm just poor. Other things I would rather purchase other things if I'm spending on my truck.:burnout: I like the sound, this is a common problem with magnaflo?

Yes, affectionately referred to magnaBLOW

check the rear most hanger. right at the tailpipe. It is real close to the frame and can rattle if not adjusted correctly or loosened up.your tailpipe seems to stick out alot more than it should. the tailpipe should be flush with the bumper.

Tips are flush, I don't see a way of inserting a picture except by adding a link to picture. I've checked the hanger and it's not loose.

A side question, south Carolina doesn't have vehicle inspections, can I just run the headers and does it sound like doodoo?

Tips are flush, I don't see a way of inserting a picture except by adding a link to picture. I've checked the hanger and it's not loose.

A side question, south Carolina doesn't have vehicle inspections, can I just run the headers and does it sound like doodoo?

I've run mine for 2 years like that, and it sounds pretty shitty.

I need to find a side hustle. I eventually want to put a nasty sounding cam and heads. I like that aggressive, obnoxious, piss off the neighborhood at 0400 in the morning going to work. I am really happy with her now, just would like more.

For whatever it's worth, I've put 30k miles on my Magnaflow without any problems. When it dies, I am going to replace it with another Magnaflow.

I need to find a side hustle. I eventually want to put a nasty sounding cam and heads. I like that aggressive, obnoxious, piss off the neighborhood at 0400 in the morning going to work. I am really happy with her now, just would like more.

Install an "X" Pipe and cutouts.... :)

You might want to put some feelers to the members; someone might have one that does not have a lot of miles on it that is a take off that's just sitting around. I also have heard a rumor that the newer ones are built different and don't have the same issue.

Reading it I was gonna say heat shield but that sounds like the muffler or broken cat?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back