Another Audio help request

BLKSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SORRY! Im sure there is a thread on this forum somewhere that answers this question, but I couldnt find it.
Anyhew, here is my dillema: I have 2-12" Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 subs, and an Orion competition amp (2400 watts).
I have a "line out converter" that taps into the speaker wires and coverts to RCA plugs, BUT I am not sure where exactly to tap the speaker wires.. I have heard from some guys that its a huge pain getting this to all work together but im hoping someone on here has a good handle on it?
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I would like to do something like what you did, it would be easiest and cleanest. Do you happen to know what wires are what going to/from the factory amp in the console? I cant seem to find a wiring diagram of any sort and I gotta know what color the power, ground, etc is... And also what did you plug your RCA wires into??
Thank you for the help!!

I have 4 alpine 10's and 2 amps on them. We ended up tapping into the output wires from the factory amp and works fine. mine is an 06 though.

do you happen to know what colors the output wires were?

PM Sent. The other question I have: the line out converter i have has 4 wires coming out of it, and if I run it from speaker wires, obviously there is only 2 of those. I hate wiring!

BLKSRT said:
Thanks for the info. I would like to do something like what you did, it would be easiest and cleanest. Do you happen to know what wires are what going to/from the factory amp in the console? I cant seem to find a wiring diagram of any sort and I gotta know what color the power, ground, etc is... And also what did you plug your RCA wires into??
Thank you for the help!!
i did the hookup as follows:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=758122&postcount=18

:)

That clears it up alot. That is also a pretty clean way of doing it. I am going to try that tonight when I have time. Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back