Another Help Thread...

Justanotherdodge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's christmas eve, but does anyone who's swtiched headlights know the easiest way to change these out?

We can't figure out how to get ni behind the headlights to release the little clip on the back or how we're going to clip the new ones in...

Last edited:
Are you changing the whole headlight assembly, or just the bulbs?:dontknow:

From what I can remember, to remove the headlight assembly:

Hood UP
Remove 2( I think) bolts that the side of the grill would be covering if the hood were down.

IIRC, there are also 2 bolts under the headlight - the one at the outside corner is the toughest to get at. In fact, you're gonna have to look a bit just to locate it, but it's there. Probably need an extension to get at it.

When you do get all of the bolts removed, the headlight will loosen up and you should be able to (carefully) pull it away from the truck enough to disconnect the wiring. Then you can remove the bulbs - though be careful when you yank them out of the housing. You can break them! (Don't ask me how I know that:eek: )

I *think* that's about it, but I've been drinking.:D

Hope this will help!:dontknow:

BULB - HEADLAMP

Firmly grasp the lock ring (2) that secures the headlamp bulb socket (3) on the back of the front lamp unit housing (1) and rotate it counterclockwise about 30 degrees to unlock it.
Pull the lock ring, socket and bulb straight out from the keyed opening in the housing.
Remove the socket and bulb from the lock ring.

Cover the bumper with something soft. There is an alignment pin that is difficult to pull out but when it lets go.....you'll scratch the bumper. Like he said two bolts by the radiator and I think one between the bumper and headlight at each lower corner. Good luck. Go to bed or Santa will skip your house.:D

It will come out with a good pull/jerk. The driver side you will be blocked from actually feeling where it is connected, but no worries, don't need to reach it.

Like they said, 3 bolts, and 1 plastic screw pin (phillips). Try not to lose the corner screw when you reinstall it.

Justanotherdodge said:
I know it's christmas eve, but does anyone who's swtiched headlights know the easiest way to change these out?

We can't figure out how to get ni behind the headlights to release the little clip on the back or how we're going to clip the new ones in...
Have you tried crying??:dontknow: It usually works for me :D :p ;)

Good Luck and Merry Christmas eve :D

I did a little cut and paste to get only the info needed by you.
Headlight4.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back