Another new guy from Illinois (Joliet)

Frosty05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's it going folks?

Finally talked myself into pulling the trigger on a Ram SRT, now I'm the proud owner of a '05 bright silver metallic RC.

Found the forum while researching replacing my leaky oil cooler lines.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, and learning a thing or two.

Wanted one of these since I saw my first '04 on the showroom floor, feels great to finally own one!

Welcome from Naperville! Great to have another FASTEST color in the area! Where did you get yours?

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome from Naperville! Great to have another FASTEST color in the area! Where did you get yours?

I picked it up from Mcgrath Acura up in Westmont.

Funny thing about it was when I bought mine last December I actually had 3 to choose from locally! Two were literally right across the street from one another.
Went to look at a black '06 at Ogden Lincoln, but they wanted about 26k and refused to deal. The truck had 46k miles and had an obvious repair from a collision as well.
Went across the street, they had my '05 with 36k, a lower price, and better overall condition (both had leaky oil lines).

Test drove the '05, sat down and went back and fourth for about 3 hours, and they finally agreed to the price I had in mind, and I was able to get her home before the salt hit the ground...tbh was actually a really good experience there. :)

I will say I thought it was pretty funny, I'm an electrician, and I went to look right after I got off work, so I was all geared up in Carhartt and steel toe boots at the Acura dealer.
Other customers kept looking at me funny like I was there to fix something or whatever haha.

I will say I thought it was pretty funny, I'm an electrician, and I went to look right after I got off work, so I was all geared up in Carhartt and steel toe boots at the Acura dealer.
Other customers kept looking at me funny like I was there to fix something or whatever haha.

hahaha...that's funny.
I'm on Ogden every other day and i saw that truck. I was going to stop by to look at it closer but by the time i convince myself to do it the truck was gone. Congrats and post some pictures of your beast. We should get together when the white crap is gone and the temp goes back to normal. I would love to see the truck in person. Also, i think i'm gonna get the famous VTCOA banner soon and since you're a member now you should sign it too.

hahaha...that's funny.
I'm on Ogden every other day and i saw that truck. I was going to stop by to look at it closer but by the time i convince myself to do it the truck was gone. Congrats and post some pictures of your beast. We should get together when the white crap is gone and the temp goes back to normal. I would love to see the truck in person. Also, i think i'm gonna get the famous VTCOA banner soon and since you're a member now you should sign it too.

Sounds good to me. I'm definitely down for both, just say when

Speaking of the white crap...I hope its over soon, that truck is torturing me. I only drove it twice before the weather hit :mad:

I'll get some pics up soon, won't be glamour shots though

Some quick pics

Here's a few pics, I'll post up some better ones when I can take her out

It's already a lot better than that. Pics are from the weekend after I brought it home.
I degreased the intake manifold, and most of the engine bay.
Still has oxidation on the TB, and the hard to reach spots need to be cleaned, but that can wait until it warms up :)

Btw you have any tips on spiffin up the cast parts?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back