Another New Owner in NJ

En4cer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to buy one of these trucks since I drove my first one in 2006.

Bored with not having a "fun car", I finally decided to buy one about a month ago.

Last edited:
I'm near princeton.

Hey, by any chance, do you have a recommendation for an inspection location in NJ?

I never do well with state locations, and this truck was originally from out of state.

Thanks...

Welcome to the VTCoA!

I'm near princeton.

Hey, by any chance, do you have a recommendation for an inspection location in NJ?

I never do well with state locations, and this truck was originally from out of state.

Thanks...
Welcome from another NJ member. I took mine through state inspection and it was from out of state as well. Had no problems.

Where in NJ are you? If you'd like to do the private inspection I know a guy near me.

Welcome from another NJ member. I took mine through state inspection and it was from out of state as well. Had no problems.

Where in NJ are you? If you'd like to do the private inspection I know a guy near me.

I'm near Princeton.

I have 2 concerns with state inspection:
1) This truck was far from stock - I have had mixed results with non- stock vehicles in the past
2) The people there can never drive a manual. My last car (S4) and the one before (STi) both times the guys stalled them violently.

And with my STi, they popped the hood and were looking it over, valled other guys over... It was a weird experience.

Either way, my temp runs out this week, so I need to put my plates on and get it inspected.

Thanks!

I'm near Princeton.

I have 2 concerns with state inspection:
1) This truck was far from stock - I have had mixed results with non- stock vehicles in the past
2) The people there can never drive a manual. My last car (S4) and the one before (STi) both times the guys stalled them violently.

And with my STi, they popped the hood and were looking it over, valled other guys over... It was a weird experience.

Either way, my temp runs out this week, so I need to put my plates on and get it inspected.

Thanks!
Well there's a guy in Randolph if you wanna drive up this way. He did the inspection on my last truck which was cammed, supercharged, no cats, etc. Let me know of you'd like his info.

I decided to stop by the State Inspection station, met a nice younger individual as my inspector... He knew the truck. Liked the truck... Passed the truck...

Truck passed with Headers back, catted mids, TB, intake, torrie tune, etc...

2 years of not caring, here I come.

Thanks for the help...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back