Another Oil Line Failure....

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony,

After today's speaker replacement/install SNAFU, I discovered my truck's oil lines are leaking: :mad: :mad:

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

And left this mess behind after I moved my truck: :mad: :mad:

IMG_0766.jpg

Any chances of getting your life time oil lines with a black braided line and red and black fittings? I have an overseas excursion next week and will be taking my truck to the dealer the following week. I will discuss with them the use of your lines, under a warranty claim, e.g. I provide parts at my cost, they provide install labor at their cost. Please let me know on the lines.

If its under warranty labor is free and the parts are just about the same cost.

Tell them you will make up the difference in price and sign off the warranty of the oil lines?

You might get them for just about nothing.

Also i wouldnt have the dealership install them.

Either do them yourself or find a friend or mechanic you trust that will let you in his shop to help out/supervise.

Piece of mind ya know.

SHU

yup bought three beers:D

but one thing the ones I am doing now with the colored ends are not the lifetime lines, but due to the fact that the fittings for the lifetimes are getting hard to get ahold of , I am gonna do my best to stand behind them the same way, I will think on it this weekend and maybe give them a limited warranty deal, but either way if ya have a problem with them I will do my best to correct it for yuns.

but like I said the blacks are a pain at the moment, gonna call again monday and see if I can get some local, I know I can from jegs and so forth , but local is allways betta these days, try to support my locall guys alot here lately:rock:

Stink, if the black is a PITA to get, no problem, "shiny" is OK.

get me a picture of the area, and I can see about getting some oem lines if they are interested and see about gettig them produced

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
yup bought three beers:D

but one thing the ones I am doing now with the colored ends are not the lifetime lines, but due to the fact that the fittings for the lifetimes are getting hard to get ahold of , I am gonna do my best to stand behind them the same way, I will think on it this weekend and maybe give them a limited warranty deal, but either way if ya have a problem with them I will do my best to correct it for yuns.

but like I said the blacks are a pain at the moment, gonna call again monday and see if I can get some local, I know I can from jegs and so forth , but local is allways betta these days, try to support my locall guys alot here lately:rock:

Dude they will last as long as they own the truck unless your putting over 1000psi's thru it, those lines arent gonna blow;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back