Another PCM question

vipertruckin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been brought up for discussion several times and I've looked into the previous threads but still have some questions.

So financing has gone through I have the check and am making a purchase on Sunday. The truck is currently Demon8's and has a B&G tuned PCM, however I have decided to take advantage of the unleashedtuning ad for 100 dollars off. I've contacted Torrie and am probably going to make the purchase within a week.

The first owner bought an extra PCM to be shipped off to B&G to be tuned so he did not have any downtime in between. Should I put the stock PCM back in to use with the SCT and save the other? (*James jump in if I misunderstood you).

Also, the offer from unleashed tuning comes with 3 custom tunes from Torrie. Would I be able to save the B&G tune as a one of the custom maps on the SCT or is that already going to be saved as one? And is the install process difficult when it comes back?

Thanks

I know this has been brought up for discussion several times and I've looked into the previous threads but still have some questions.

So financing has gone through I have the check and am making a purchase on Sunday. The truck is currently Demon8's and has a B&G tuned PCM, however I have decided to take advantage of the unleashedtuning ad for 100 dollars off. I've contacted Torrie and am probably going to make the purchase within a week.

The first owner bought an extra PCM to be shipped off to B&G to be tuned so he did not have any downtime in between. Should I put the stock PCM back in to use with the SCT and save the other? (*James jump in if I misunderstood you).

Also, the offer from unleashed tuning comes with 3 custom tunes from Torrie. Would I be able to save the B&G tune as a one of the custom maps on the SCT or is that already going to be saved as one? And is the install process difficult when it comes back?

Thanks

Is it a stage 1 or 2 ?

Alot of people told me to keep my B&G.

stage 2... i like the idea of a flash tuner so i can switch to valet mode if I need too... I used to valet in high school so I won't subject my car to that without a quick flash haha:rock:

Is it a stage 1 or 2 ?

Alot of people told me to keep my B&G.

stage 2... i like the idea of a flash tuner so i can switch to valet mode if I need too... I used to valet in high school so I won't subject my car to that without a quick flash haha:rock:

Ahh I would never valet anything :D

the way i understand it, is the sct tuner will save your "stock" tune,in your case the b&g tune. might have torrie write you a stock tune if you want one.

Yes, Put the stock PCM back in and sell the B&G. The SCT works fine off the stock box.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking after reading the other threads... thanks for the explanation... when would I need to use the stock factory map? if i took it to a dodge dealership or something like that?

the way i understand it, is the sct tuner will save your "stock" tune,in your case the b&g tune. might have torrie write you a stock tune if you want one.

That's what I was thinking after reading the other threads... thanks for the explanation... when would I need to use the stock factory map? if i took it to a dodge dealership or something like that?

yeah, probably a good idea.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back