bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I've reinstalled the 1D tune

With this tune, under WOT I'm getting 11.5:1 and lower AFR

on the 5D it is 13:1

And the 8D is 12:1 to 12.5:1

So which is "safer"

I WILL NOT RUN THE 5D TUNE ANYMORE SO LETS FOCUS ON THE 1D AND 8D TUNE.

So does the much lower AFR and cooler temp due to the water with the 1D retard make up for the safer 8D retarded timing with the much higher AFR?

I'm drunk so I hope this makes sense.........Tom Cruise sucks.

bigike said:

So which is "safer"

So does the much lower AFR and cooler temp due to the water with the 1D retard make up for the safer 8D retarded timing with the much higher AFR?

As I remember, the difference on the Roe cards is the timing, not so much the fuel curve. Look at the fuel in the VEC 3 program.

How did you come up with these values?

To answer you questions directly, the richer the A/F ratio the safer the program to the most extent.

bigike said:

So which is "safer"

the lower the air fuel number the safer,

but make sure you are getting this reading at a wot run;)

1D, 5D, & 8D are the amount of timing removed from the stock pcm. 1 being the lowest timing removed and 8 being the highest removed. as for the a/f the lower the number the safer.

Jay call Sean. Ask him...

In my cards, as stated above, the numbers on the cards are the amount of timing pulled. The higher the number the safer the tune. The highest I have is a 6D and it is designed to be used if I cannot find premium fuel. It is my safest tune.

If you are reading A/F from your gauges rather than a dyno you may not be getting accurate readings...be careful about relying on them...

And my other comment...if you have had metal filings in your oil pan, driving your truck is a high risk move...be sure you have your cell phone with you.

Also we forget Sean tunes them alittle rich if where on stock internals. Quit Fuggin with the shit and call the man who designed the shit to work with our trucks. If we dont listen then thats when things go boom. Also Prof is right dont tune your shit off a guage, use the dyno come on bud we dont want to find you another truck:( :p

DevilDawg3097 said:
Also we forget Sean tunes them alittle rich if where on stock internals. Quit Fuggin with the shit and call the man who designed the shit to work with our trucks. If we dont listen then thats when things go boom. Also Prof is right dont tune your shit off a guage, use the dyno come on bud we dont want to find you another truck:( :p
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Jay it is hard to get accurate readings from a A/F guage on the vehicle while trying to drive....it is more just to tell if something has gone way bad.....needs to be on a dyno for accurate results...

Prof said:
If you are reading A/F from your gauges rather than a dyno you may not be getting accurate readings...be careful about relying on them...
I sort of agree with this.

The AF gauges on a dyno are not arbitrarily accurate. It depends on the maintenance that the shop has done to the unit. If it has all the recommended upkeep done.... Next thing to remember is most shops use a tail pipe sniffer. This puts the sniffer further away from the source. This can result in a slight lag in the AF reading to RPM reading if it is done on a acceleration run. In my opinion your best results will come from using a O2 sensor installed in the mid pipe before any cats that is tied into the dyno. That way, you can get accurate RPM info with the AF data.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back