Another quick surgery..

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the doctor earlier this week..Decided to have a surgery to correct the left side of my face..
As you might recall, the tumor I had removed in March had severed my facial nerve on the left side. As a result, the left side of my face droops a bit, and the muscles dont move. The surgery is going to help correct this. They are taking the end of the severed nerve, grafting a nerve from my ankle and plugging the end of that into my tongue. This should get the muscles moving again. They are also going to do a face lift on the left side to correct the droop. The surgery for the tumor left my left ear about half an inch lower than the right, so this will take care of that as well. The surgeon told me he would consider taking the nerve graft from my penis, but every time a good looking woman walked by I would smile and my tongue would come out..hehe..Heres hoping the surgery goes well, and I get back to looking more normal soon..No more Fred Flinstone look and sounding like Sylvester the cat..Hoipefully this will be the final chapter in my brain makeover..lol
The surgery is scheduled for Dec 15th, and will take about 4 hrs. I should be home on the 16th with minimal issues.

Good luck with everything, I'm sure everything will work out for you!

Maybe some of us can make another trip to Camelback in the Spring! :D

Thanks..Im hoping to have something at the house this coming year. With work and going to school full time, its been very hard to find the time to do anything else, but hopefully I can get something together..

Riff62 said:
.. The surgeon told me he would consider taking the nerve graft from my penis, but every time a good looking woman walked by I would smile and my tongue would come out..hehe..Heres hoping the surgery goes well, and I get back to looking more normal soon..No more Fred Flinstone look and sounding like Sylvester the cat..Hoipefully this will be the final chapter in my brain makeover..lol
The surgery is scheduled for Dec 15th, and will take about 4 hrs. I should be home on the 16th with minimal issues.

Bahahaaha ..... at least you have a since of humor about the whole thing. :D :congrats:

Good luck, Bro. :eek:

You know, I have been through alot this past year..I have tried to remain fairly level headed about it all. I had days where I thought "why me?" and shit like that..I guess the thing that kept my spirits up was that it was only a tumor. It wasnt going to be a permanent thing. They opened up my head, took it out, and sent me on my way. I got through it, and a crapload of other things. Losing my job, having to sell the truck, losing my best friend. All in the space of 2 weeks. Was it difficult? Yeah. Did I learn from it? Surely. Am I still the same person I was before the tumor? In most ways, yes. In one tiny way, I am different though. I refuse to go another day worrying about the petty, small, and insignificant things in my life. I dont have time for it. Too much to do. And I have to laugh at myself. I wish I was able to do it sooner..

Sorry to get all preachy and serious..We now rejoin our regularly scheduled programming..lol

Riff62 said:
You know, I have been through alot this past year..I have tried to remain fairly level headed about it all. I had days where I thought "why me?" and shit like that..I guess the thing that kept my spirits up was that it was only a tumor. It wasnt going to be a permanent thing. They opened up my head, took it out, and sent me on my way. I got through it, and a crapload of other things. Losing my job, having to sell the truck, losing my best friend. All in the space of 2 weeks. Was it difficult? Yeah. Did I learn from it? Surely. Am I still the same person I was before the tumor? In most ways, yes. In one tiny way, I am different though. I refuse to go another day worrying about the petty, small, and insignificant things in my life. I dont have time for it. Too much to do. And I have to laugh at myself. I wish I was able to do it sooner..

Sorry to get all preachy and serious..We now rejoin our regularly scheduled programming..lol
Well said Riffster. And at a time of the year when these words may be a source of encouragement for those who may need it at holiday time. God Bless You bud, and best wishes. :)

I thought your words and testimony bore witness to the strength of your spirit and the proper alignment of your priorities, Matt-o..... If that's preaching, it's some of the very best preaching we've heard on this forum in a very long time....

I do pray for the very best possible results from your upcoming surgery. We're all hoping for the very best and wish you good luck and God's own good speed in your recovery....

Much Love to you, Matt......

Tim

I hope all goes well for you with the surgery, and you can close that chapter of your life and go onto another.
Prayers with you,
Dawn

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back