Another Slave Shim Thread....

TNVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read many posts about the slave shims with the master/slave kits.....all mention that the slave shim is a must....is this just a 04/05 model thing?...my dealer installed mine and the tech did not use the shim for the slave...I also installed the Centerforce clutch....truck now shifts great...better than ever....am I doomed to future problems?...:confused:

...I have had a whine show up a couple days ago...trans whines when I give a little gas under load especially in 6th gear....dealer thinks maybe a bad imput shaft bearing...and ideas here?..:dontknow:

I dont have them in my own personal truck with about 10K miles on it now and zero issues, but some of them definitely need the shims.
Justin

I have about 10000 mi. on my clutch and no shims. now it won't go into rev. unless I turn the engine off. Justin sent me shims and will be installing them in a week or 2.

HV SRT said:
I have about 10000 mi. on my clutch and no shims. now it won't go into rev. unless I turn the engine off. Justin sent me shims and will be installing them in a week or 2.

well dang....that does not sound good.....:( :dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
well dang....that does not sound good.....:( :dontknow:

I talked to Joe @ PBJ today and he's only heard of a couple trucks with the problem. I do drive it hard and race it as much as I can. Thats why I'm installing rods,pistons & push rods with Roe. Pulling motor 12-17 and hope to be done by jan.1.

HV SRT said:
I talked to Joe @ PBJ today and he's only heard of a couple trucks with the problem. I do drive it hard and race it as much as I can. Thats why I'm installing rods,pistons & push rods with Roe. Pulling motor 12-17 and hope to be done by jan.1.

I hope it is just isolated....truck shifts SO MUCH better since the Centerforce & master/slave kit install......good luck on getting the engine build done in 2 weeks....mine has been built with Eagle rods, pistons, crank turned, ported heads and more...thought I had everything planned out to get it done in a week...took 4+ weeks.....but it was worth it..:burnout:

TNVIPER said:
I hope it is just isolated....truck shifts SO MUCH better since the Centerforce & master/slave kit install......good luck on getting the engine build done in 2 weeks....mine has been built with Eagle rods, pistons, crank turned, ported heads and more...thought I had everything planned out to get it done in a week...took 4+ weeks.....but it was worth it..:burnout:

always takes longer and costs more than you plan.

HV SRT said:
What about down time for machine work? Are you going to balance the rods and pistons? What about your block? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back