Any advice in a heated up engine??

Yea your fan is inadequate. Not sure on the CFMs our truck fans put out, but gen 2 viper fans put out 4300 or so. I would not even drive that car until the temps hover around 190 or so while idling.

Got the viper installed and running in the old Chrysler. Put a new allum radiator, 180* stat, but when I let her run at idle, fast idle, or at 2000rpm, she starts to heat up hot. So hot or boils the water back in the reserve tank. I lasored the thermostat housing and it was 246'. The lower radiator was 247', it was hot!!!!
I stated it and let it idle for maybe 4-5-6 minuites with the rad cap off. It circulates great. But soon started heating up and blew water out 8-10 inches high... Any advice would be appreciated. I have a elec fan pushing toward the engine. About 2500psi.

You've cracked the bleeder and let air out? Thermostat may be faulty. Otherwise possible head gasket?

Fan and/or radiator is too small. 2500 CFM is not enough..

What is the definition of insanity?

What is the definition of insanity?

My definition is asking the same question over and over, getting the correct answer and then asking that same question again.

Now, Now, Now Andy. I'm sure this guy is a quality mechanic. He just doesn't have a handle on this technology thing called a computer and the internet. Can't load up pictures, can't maintain a reasonable conversation and then makes idiotic remarks about the Club and then has the balls to come back and ask more questions. This guy is that fleck of shit splattered on the side of the toilet bowl and needs to be flushed.

Vj

Now, Now, Now Andy. I'm sure this guy is a quality mechanic. He just doesn't have a handle on this technology thing called a computer and the internet. Can't load up pictures, can't maintain a reasonable conversation and then makes idiotic remarks about the Club and then has the balls to come back and ask more questions. This guy is that fleck of shit splattered on the side of the toilet bowl and needs to be flushed.

Vj
Oh snap! Non-mod ViperJeff is much more direct with his thoughts. You're going to enjoy this new role, Sir. :D

Don't hold back Jeff tell us how you really feel about him:D

I just re-read the first post. You do realize that cooling systems are under pressure for a reason right?

put and leave the rad cap on! the coolant circulates great through the heater core!! with the cap off the thermostat opens and you will be sprayed with coolant. fill the engine through the Rad as best you can with engine off.There is an air vent at the thermostat housing. fill overflow jug 3/4 full. install Rad cap. start engine and allow it to reach operating temp. if it goes over temp stop engine and allow it to cool and pull in coolant from the overflow jug. might take a few hours. The engine should not overheat idling with the Rad full and a properly operating fan! LEAVE THE RAD CAP IN PLACE !!!! If it still overheats you have bigger issues

put and leave the rad cap on! the coolant circulates great through the heater core!! with the cap off the thermostat opens and you will be sprayed with coolant. fill the engine through the Rad as best you can with engine off.There is an air vent at the thermostat housing. fill overflow jug 3/4 full. install Rad cap. start engine and allow it to reach operating temp. if it goes over temp stop engine and allow it to cool and pull in coolant from the overflow jug. might take a few hours. The engine should not overheat idling with the Rad full and a properly operating fan! LEAVE THE RAD CAP IN PLACE !!!! If it still overheats you have bigger issues

All this good advice from good peeps......unfortunately the OP posts a question at 7:47 last night and when I just clicked on his profile he hasn't been on since 7:48, :dontknow:

He doesn't seem that interested in an answer gents, or he is very busy

All this good advice from good peeps......unfortunately the OP posts a question at 7:47 last night and when I just clicked on his profile he hasn't been on since 7:48, :dontknow:

He doesn't seem that interested in an answer gents, or he is very busy

Or jumped on the nursing home computer and got away before he was busted.....

Viper Jeff,, u again. The one who has no time for anyone. No comments from me about this club excep that's a great club with a great bunch of guys. I'm sure if the question was asked who the largest *something not nice* is in the club a vast majority would say your #2 on the list. Yes that's right, there is one larger but not by much. For. 75 yr old I think I do fairly well. But there is always one cocky smart ads in every group who thinks he knows it all. Hello.. Thanks to all the guys out there who have shared there knowledge with me. Your great bunch of guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Viper Jeff,, u again. The one who has no time for anyone. No comments from me about this club excep that's a great club with a great bunch of guys. I'm sure if the question was asked who the largest ass hole is in the club a vast majority would say your #2 on the list. Yes that's right, there is one larger but not by much. For. 75 yr old I think I do fairly well. But there is always one cocky smart ads in every group who thinks he knows it all. Hello.. Thanks to all the guys out there who have shared there knowledge with me. Your great bunch of guys

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f45/sites-rating-60067/

I sense a little negativity in this post....

We aren't afraid of a little name dropping here, so who is the #1 asshole on your list?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back