Any advice in a heated up engine??

Dont know if being sarcastic in this all but we have answered your questions a few times. In different locations. Maybe have someone younger help u bundle your questions on here.

Dont know if being sarcastic in this all but we have answered your questions a few times. In different locations. Maybe have someone younger help u bundle your questions on here.

and post pics of your "builds"

Viper Jeff,, u again. The one who has no time for anyone. No comments from me about this club excep that's a great club with a great bunch of guys. I'm sure if the question was asked who the largest ass hole is in the club a vast majority would say your #2 on the list. Yes that's right, there is one larger but not by much. For. 75 yr old I think I do fairly well. But there is always one cocky smart ads in every group who thinks he knows it all. Hello.. Thanks to all the guys out there who have shared there knowledge with me. Your great bunch of guys

No time....

Dude, you really are clueless, forgetful and your lack of research is astoundingly..... POOR!!!

Piss off

Originally Posted by 58lymouth Viper Jeff,, u again. The one who has no time for anyone. No comments from me about this club excep that's a great club with a great bunch of guys. I'm sure if the question was asked who the largest ass hole is in the club a vast majority would say your #2 on the list. Yes that's right, there is one larger but not by much. For. 75 yr old I think I do fairly well. But there is always one cocky smart ass in every group who thinks he knows it all. Hello.. Thanks to all the guys out there who have shared there knowledge with me. Your great bunch of guys.

Did someone call me or is dinner ready lol ??

Last edited:
Would you guys let the doctor do a labotamy without asking for a second opinion. The answer could be the same. So what if he asks twice. We are all here for the fun of owning a ten. Some of us need to grow up and stop the bashing. I've been here a long time and still get sarcastic replies from some who think they are know it alls. Lighten up enjoy the communications thats why we've lost good members to the "other forum"

Would you guys let the doctor do a labotamy without asking for a second opinion. The answer could be the same. So what if he asks twice. We are all here for the fun of owning a ten. Some of us need to grow up and stop the bashing. I've been here a long time and still get sarcastic replies from some who think they are know it alls. Lighten up enjoy the communications thats why we've lost good members to the "other forum"

STFU lol Just kidding BO! :D

Well said. However, many here have offered to help Mel (58lymouth) and had him completely ignore our questions. I've personally PM'd and even emailed Mel, and have never received a single response. After awhile, it gets frustrating and annoying to read posts from someone like that.

Well said. However, many here have offered to help Mel (58lymouth) and had him completely ignore our questions. I've personally PM'd and even emailed Mel, and have never received a single response. After awhile, it gets frustrating and annoying to read posts from someone like that.
That's elder abuse ,shame on you lol :D

Originally Posted by 58lymouth Viper Jeff,, u again. The one who has no time for anyone. No comments from me about this club excep that's a great club with a great bunch of guys. I'm sure if the question was asked who the largest ass hole is in the club a vast majority would say your #2 on the list. Yes that's right, there is one larger but not by much. For. 75 yr old I think I do fairly well. But there is always one cocky smart ass in every group who thinks he knows it all. Hello.. Thanks to all the guys out there who have shared there knowledge with me. Your great bunch of guys.

Did someone call me or is dinner ready lol ??

Your #1..... Very Nice!!!

And to think I didn't even think I was in the top 10

Vj

I'm confused of what site(s) you are referring to?

However, I agree with your general point. Tried to promote that for a long time...

Your radiator is 17x23x3. An SRT10 radiator is 29x32x2. I maintain that you need a bigger radiator. I posted the SRT10 dimensions in another thread, but you never responded.

Mel, you should start a single thread regarding your project. Then you can ask questions and respond to answers in one place. It would also make it easier to keep the thread on topic.

Maybe, I looked back under cooling and didn't see anything but maybe I missed it. Wasn't from me tho
Mel, you did ask this before. Below is the quote from where you asked it, and where ArrestMeRED04 was kind enough to provide a solid answer:
Got a 05 viper engine in a street rod and got her going. It wi run great for about 10-12 minuites then she starts heating up. I lasored the Thermo housing and it was 240*. The bottom the rad was 230*. She was boiling all back in the res tank. She was HOT. Got a Alluminum rad 17x23 core with 3 rows cores. About 2 1/2" thick. Got. 2000cfm fan. Anyone got a idea for me ??
I measured the rad on my viper and it's 26x16 3cores, and from my research the cooling fan pulls 4000+cfm. So I'd say its a combo of too small of a radiator and not enough fan.

Someone ask this question before?
Again, Mel. You asked this question before in this thread:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/any-advice-why-my-engine-dont-cool-60473/

You received some good answers too, Mel, including honest feedback from Mopar-Or-No-Car.

Fan and/or radiator is too small. 2500 CFM is not enough..
You said that already, ICPREY (see below). Hopefully Mel pays attention this time
Yea your fan is inadequate. Not sure on the CFMs our truck fans put out, but gen 2 viper fans put out 4300 or so. I would not even drive that car until the temps hover around 190 or so while idling.

Last edited:
For anyone reading this, I merged the two threads referenced below, so the OP could find all his answers in one place.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back