Any experience with a WOT box on your t56 10?

RagunCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a two step and WOT box for more consistent launches and shifting. Has anyone tried this on a viper spec t56? I'm aware due to the thick oil and internals, it's not as smooth as other t56's out there. But of course it's not needed.

I also dont care to discus how you can can power shift without one. This isnt the place for that.

Its a rev limiter that you can set at the best rpms for launching, usually right before the point where you can dump the cluch and get tire spin. Streetbikes use this religiously.

the srt4 guys use them all the time...

as an adjustable launch control, of sorts, they do work...

they're also good for boosted rides, as i think they allow you to build boost before launch...

Like dan said, its really geared more for turbo cars so they can build boost and rocket off the line. You can use them on our trucks if ya want...or you could just remember what rpm to hold it at. Unless your boosted, kinda pointless in my opinion

That link is the the unit I have on the way. My truck is boosted but it's more for being consistent. It's a super charger so no need for me to build boost, it's almost instant. The WOT shift feature will ease the stress on the transmission and make it easier to no lift shift. Ill post videos Onces it's all together if wanted.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but wouldn't that reek havoc on your trans? Maybe I'm missing something? But if you are supercharged and you stage at 4k rpm that's seems like overkill. Maybe just 1500 to take up all the driveline slack and take away some of the parasitic power loss for the launch. Again, I'm unfamiliar with a 2 step on a SC motor but I just can't make sense of it.

I already launch at 6k, i've also dumped it at 6k. It's not more or less stress on the drive train. The stress is determined by how quick you let the clutch out like any other manual trans vehicle is. It's just to get me more consistent and mostly for the shift feature which also isnt needed. People like venomous and arrest me can post shift no problem. I can as well, but like i said, it's something i want.

You can only take up drive train slack with an auto by stalling it up. With a manual trans, youd have to slip it and hold the brake so it doesnt go any where. I never heard of someone doing that. Also no need to apologize. This is how we learn sir :)

Last edited:
Gotcha. I guess this would be a learning experience for all of us. So lets say when you get this thing installed, what are you going to set it at and how will you go about dumping the clutch? The point of these things is to completley dump it at the point where you will stick instead of spin. So whats your theory?

The point of the 2 step function is to hold an rpm limit when activated. You dont have to dump it. You can slip it as slow or as fast as you want. Suspension, track prep, tire choice, power etc will decide if you hook or spin like it always does.

Finished with the install. Tried out the two step feature. Once the roads dry up tomorrow, ill go try the no lift feature. Going to play with the settings. default is a 4k two step, going to put it at 3k then raise as needed. It will be a while before i can go to the track and actually use the two step feature. Truck will need suspension work. Weight isnt transferring off the line like it needs to. time for adjustable shocks and other goodies.

here's a quick video
two step testing. 4k default - YouTube

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back