Any Ideas????

ntw0rk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I need some advice...

Has anyone put anything larger than a 10" woofer in the back of a QC?

I want to keep the back seats, if possible, but I also want to mount 2 12" subs. As it is right now, the magnet on a typical high-end sub is too big for the space under the back seat.

I would love to see pics of anything anyone has done to improve the stereo system in a QC.

I don't want to have to build a huge fiberglass box and remove the back seats.

I may have to go back to the JL Audio 12" subs, they have a smaller magnet circumference.

This blows!:mad:

I'm thinking you can find some shallow 12's. I havent been in car audio for 10 years, but they should still make something.
If I can put 4 10's in the back of a RC, you should be able to get 2 12's under your seat. :D

Brat said:
Try a hole saw.:D :p ;) :burnout: :aetsch:

Seen it done, and a box built under a truck before.

wesalbert said:
I'm thinking you can find some shallow 12's. I havent been in car audio for 10 years, but they should still make something.
If I can put 4 10's in the back of a RC, you should be able to get 2 12's under your seat. :D

Depth is not the problem. The Sub I have is only 6 5/8" deep. It's the circumference of the magnet and magnet cover that are a problem.

There is only one brand of Audio that makes a sub with a small enough magnet (That I would consider worthy of buying) and that is JL. I know they make quality stuff, but I really wanted to do a Rockford Fosgate system...

Brat said:
Try a hole saw.:D :p ;) :burnout: :aetsch:

I have considered it, or something like it...

There is enough room under the cab, and nothing really in the way, to push the sheet metal about 2.5 inches out of the way, but I am not sure what the "Ram"ifications would be. :dontknow::dontknow:

check with probox. they make a box with 10's thatll do what you want.

eddie102870 said:
check with probox. they make a box with 10's thatll do what you want.

Yeah, I have looked at that. Still 10's. I want 12's.

And, the Probox is pricey!!

Not sure how the speakers will perform but Kicker Solobaric L7's is how I would go and plan on going. The cubic feet required is less than others. Probably didnt help but figured I would give my .02.

JL makes fine equipment. You'll be happy.

wesalbert said:
JL makes fine equipment. You'll be happy.

I know, the Fosgate was meant to replace a JL 12" that blew out on me...

Actually, the speaker is fine, the rubber ring is what failed...

ntw0rk said:
Yeah, I have looked at that. Still 10's. I want 12's.

And, the Probox is pricey!!
the 10's sounded better than the 12's hard to get enough air to the 12's under the back seat. just not enough room. i had a el cheapo 1000 watt mono amp pushing the 10's and you couldnt sit in it with it half way up.

eddie102870 said:
you couldnt sit in it with it half way up.

Thats because you listen to country :D

Demon 8 said:
Yeah L7's like I said...small box, big boom

Yep, I had ONE 8" L7 in my Lightning and it slammed like 2 12s. :rock:

Rockford Fosgate is GARBAGE :eek: :D .... you did right going with JL, Scoot. :) Did you have a grill on your sub before? If not, I bet that would keep the rubber surround from being tore up. ;)

ntwork, why not the jl 13???? It sounds awesome. We installed two in a RC Chevy last week. Earth moving:D

yA_qERULwtJnugVLtTcD8R4RtL3C4m8brbcaxuWkU7mAZ2hO1wYYnGMxvTQ26sqRB4tsxsQUefX59tlLOMqQ9qId27pHq-UrXhH_0wI-74Z_6mPja6otE89-hMRrFf6lAElyw3fFW_Pdvmlb_Q

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back