any one ever sent there factory pcm to b&g ?

''500hp''

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean for $375 its a good deal compaired to buying the system from roe for $1200 am i missing something here ?:confused:

I sent the PCM out of my former 06 Charger SRT8.....Dave at B&G did a good tune..............but if I were you I would go with the SCT with a tune from Roe.....with the SCT you can be emailed tunes and you dont have to send your PCM off..

Not apples to apples. The flash does things like remove torque mgt on QC's raises shift points, turns cooling fan on earlier, and some mild tuning. On QC's it give real good results.

If you are talking about the VEC or SCT from Roe they are programmers that are far more adjustable and and are typically used on aggressive NA builds or superchargers. If you have someone with a dyno tune your truck with one of those it is truly for your truck, whereas a flash is more generic.

Plan to stay pretty stock... just get a flash. Plan on nitrous or FI, go with a real programmer.

Actually joe the SCT flashes the PCM....B&G also sells the SCT with the same flash he does at his shop on the PCMs sent to him....BTW Roe sells the SCT with 3 flashes for $649..

TNVIPER said:
Actually joe the SCT flashes the PCM....B&G also sells the SCT with the same flash he does at his shop on the PCMs sent to him....BTW Roe sells the SCT with 3 flashes for $649..
btw thanks for your replies i am not going to do any major mod like sc/tb/no2 be cuzz i cant afford it so i am sticking to bolt ons cold air magnaflow etc etc so i think ill just go with the flash on my stock pcm i hope i dont have any problem if i do or u guys think im not doing something right feel free to leave comments cuzz i honestly dont know what the hell im doing lol

'500hp' said:
btw thanks for your replies i am not going to do any major mod like sc/tb/no2 be cuzz i cant afford it so i am sticking to bolt ons cold air magnaflow etc etc so i think ill just go with the flash on my stock pcm i hope i dont have any problem if i do or u guys think im not doing something right feel free to leave comments cuzz i honestly dont know what the hell im doing lol

You will be happy with the B&G flash but remember that you have no control over your tune...with the SCT you can switch back and forth from stock to performance tune....if you do the B&G flash make sure your dealer never flashes your PCM or the tune will be gone....you wouldnt worry about this with the SCT...definitely worth the extra $275..

The SCT can do everything the flash can. (Fan temp, shift points, TRQ management) Plus the SCT can clear codes and read them. Don't like the tune just go back to the one before. It can hold 3 plus the stock tune and you can get a tune from anyone. Don't like the service from vendor a then get a tune from vendor b. You have to send your PCM to be flashed every time which takes about 3 days total to get it back. Plus they usually charge you for each new flash. Depending on who you buy your SCT from most will give you free tunes for minor changes.

Scrambler1 said:
Not apples to apples. The flash does things like remove torque mgt on QC's raises shift points, turns cooling fan on earlier, and some mild tuning. On QC's it give real good results.

If you are talking about the VEC or SCT from Roe they are programmers that are far more adjustable and and are typically used on aggressive NA builds or superchargers. If you have someone with a dyno tune your truck with one of those it is truly for your truck, whereas a flash is more generic.

Plan to stay pretty stock... just get a flash. Plan on nitrous or FI, go with a real programmer.
best advice I have heard all day joe:rock: :rock: :rock:

I have a B&G flashed pcm and really like it.Wish the fan came on sooner but overall it's the best mod I have done to my truck.I would keep the stocker though.It only take a few minutes to change out and if you tow heavy chit you dont want to have a flashed pcm or the tranny may say CYA!!!

B&G is a good stage 2 tune

I much prefer the DC Performance Stage 2 :rock:

I have had both

A Stage 2 is a good mod for a mild build

Look around and watch for PCMs for sale cheap

HOT RAM said:
B&G is a good stage 2 tune

I much prefer the DC Performance Stage 2 :rock:

I have had both

A Stage 2 is a good mod for a mild build

Look around and watch for PCMs for sale cheap
thanks man i will but if im not gonna do anything like a sc/tb is the stage 2 still safe

I sent my PCM to B&G and I was not happy. I bought it from a member on the boards so all I needed was my VIN updated. Sent it to B&G with a check and note to call me to discuss some options. Dave never called me even after I left like 5 messages. A week later PCM showed up at my house. It worked...but customer service was not good.

NYV10 said:
I sent my PCM to B&G and I was not happy. I bought it from a member on the boards so all I needed was my VIN updated. Sent it to B&G with a check and note to call me to discuss some options. Dave never called me even after I left like 5 messages. A week later PCM showed up at my house. It worked...but customer service was not good.
uh know the guy i talked to on the phoe didnt sound to interested in anything i had to say and coundent wait to hang up

U would think that for $130 to punch in a vin they could at least pretend to be cheerful and appreciate your business in this economy...

'500hp' said:
thanks man i will but if im not gonna do anything like a sc/tb is the stage 2 still safe

The only difference between a stage 1 and 2 is the timing. All the other stuff is the same (fan temp, TRQ management, etc). I have had the stage 1 and 2. Stage 1 got me 420 RWHP and 460 TRQ. Stage 2 got me 438 RWHP and 500 TRQ. Here are the dyno sheets.

Stage 1
DynoDynamics.jpg

Stage 2

002.jpg

Has anyone sent their pcm to theviperstore.com for 500 dollars they flash your
pcm and claim 60-80 hp. It sounds to good to be true.

ShaneKennett said:

Save your money...just send me $200 and I will say a prayer and your HP will increase by 100.....works just as good as their flash does for 60HP..;)

ShaneKennett said:

It's the same flash you can get from a vendor here. The 80 HP is in the lower RPM band not max TRQ. For that price you would be better off buying an SCT.

It's the same flash you can get from a vendor here. The 80 HP is in the lower RPM band not max TRQ. For that price you would be better off buying an SCT.

Thanks man. That makes sense. The SCT stage 2 sounds like the best way to go.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back