Any one have 06 STR8 JEEP..

7O7SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wifey wants one real bad, found one on line thru the same dealership I bought my truck from. Who has one how do you like it?? What are the pros n cons??

Thanks in advance :)

Wifey wants one real bad, found one on line thru the same dealership I bought my truck from. Who has one how do you like it?? What are the pros n cons??

Thanks in advance :)

few of my friend have these, 06 and 09 I believe

He told me the A/C does not blow out very cold on hot hot days.

the trans fluid has to be taken in to the dealer cause of how they did the design.

All in all they dont have to much to say bad about them, I'll ask him everything at work tomorrow and post later.

got one trans fluid checking sucks but ac works great. really no complaints.got heads cam ported intake headers runs great sounds badd ass nd wife loves it.she also races it at track.

got one trans fluid checking sucks but ac works great. really no complaints.got heads cam ported intake headers runs great sounds badd ass nd wife loves it.she also races it at track.

How much did it cost to do the heads/cam? I want one for a daily driver:)

To the OP... I've heard they have a nicer interior and better gadgets starting in 2007.

How much did it cost to do the heads/cam? I want one for a daily driver:)

To the OP... I've heard they have a nicer interior and better gadgets starting in 2007.

08+ for the improved interior, self leveling high intensity headlights and a couple of other goodies, worth the diff in my opinion.

Negatives are bad mpg, hard riding runflats (and the fronts tend to seperate at 25 -30 k miles)
The polished wheels extend out past the side walls of the tires so learn to live with some curb rash,
and a speed wobble at 70 mph (I get mine at 38 mph)

Positives are it's wicked quick up to 70 mph, seats are comfy, just enough room to haul bigger stuff and overall it's blast to drive!

arriington heads and cami think was about 2700 kooks headers cant remeber cost did real dual 3 inch exhaust no cats sounds loud and mean

My wife drives a 09.

Not a good family car, no room for kids or kids stuff when on trips.
Surprisingly good in the snow (if that applies to you).
Terrible on fuel, not that I have to tell you about that though.
Not a whole lot of room for a bigger person to drive. I am 6' 2" approx 210 lbs and its tight for me to fit and drive.
Its fun to drive and nice to have the power to pass or get out of trouble when needed.

out of the 3 srt8 cars i have (09 challenger,07 charger and 06 jeep) the jeep is more enjoyable to me to drive every day. stock vs stock it's the fastest of the line. i have mine in the UAE with me. it's 120 degrees plus outside and dont mind the a/c. The later ones have more/better options. but for the price differenence of the 08's up i can put HID's in. I have 70,000 miles on mine with no major problems. the stock run flat tires suck. the orginal brakes wear to quick and lots of dust. When it's trans fluid time, you have to do trans, xfer case and both diffs. AWD. If you do get one go ahead and get on the wiating list for a new transfer case fwd mount bushing. they tear the rubber and the list is 250 plus back ordered as of two days ago. Sucks down the go juice, but most of that is my fault. plus not to many of them around like the other SRT's.

08+ for the improved interior, self leveling high intensity headlights and a couple of other goodies, worth the diff in my opinion.

Negatives are bad mpg, hard riding runflats (and the fronts tend to seperate at 25 -30 k miles)
The polished wheels extend out past the side walls of the tires so learn to live with some curb rash,
and a speed wobble at 70 mph (I get mine at 38 mph)

Positives are it's wicked quick up to 70 mph, seats are comfy, just enough room to haul bigger stuff and overall it's blast to drive!

learn how to parallel park.....:aetsch::elefant:

learn how to parallel park.....:aetsch::elefant:

I'd blame the right front wheel scub on the wife but I did it :( was driving beside the curb in December hit some black ice and scraaappppeee :mad:
I'm guessing most of the ice and snow down your way is in a drink or a cone!:elefant:

The Jeep SRT is a stealth muscle car.....the all wheel drive puts the 420 ftlbs of torque to the ground instantly....it is not the quickest SRT8 in the qtr due to weight and areodynamics but it will embarrass hot cars for about the first 1000 feet..

I still laugh at what a Friend with a 2004 Cobra told me about his first encounter with a Jeep SRT at the track....he staged and looked over to see this "Grand Cherokee" in the other lane.....he told me that his first thought was I wont be seeing you for long..

About half way down the track he said this Grand Cherokee was still next to him...he is like WTF????...he finally pulled on it at the end but was totally flabergasted that an SUV kept up with his modified Cobra...

Hey guys, thanks for all the input, wifey went last nht andjee took care of the paper work. Her jeep will be on a truck on its wa:rock:y to Ca from TX, she's stoked!!

Hey guys, thanks for all the input, wifey went last nht andjee took care of the paper work. Her jeep will be on a truck on its wa:rock:y to Ca from TX, she's stoked!!

My buddys friend, has a srt jeep.

dyno 866 to the rear wheels, not all wheels just the rear. got the new converter installed. last night ran a 9.95 1/4.

all street, no queen

My buddys friend, has a srt jeep.

dyno 866 to the rear wheels, not all wheels just the rear. got the new converter installed. last night ran a 9.95 1/4.

all street, no queen

Bad ass man!!! I'm excited to dive hers when it gets here.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back