Any one look at the iPad lately??

jelms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the horrible name for this device... Has anyone taken a look at it lately at the Apple stores??

I looked at it today for a bit and just because I like most Apple devices I will more than likely pony up some cash when the 3G comes out later this month.

I have talked to some hard core readers that have Kindles and Nooks, and they say my eyes will get tired after reading for a long time, but you know I only tend to read for about an 30-60 minute clip at a time. Personally I want a device I can get Scientific American and other PDF magazines on. Which can not be done on any other reader.

All in all the iPad looked good for what I wanted. Some of the apps for astronomy were really nice.

What do some of you think?? Just wondering.

-jeff

I had one last week to play with for a day.
My interest in it is to use it with the home automation systems that I program. The plan was to see how it worked as a "remote".
For what I needed it for, it worked well for the price.
I played with a couple other apps.
The app for the sling media devices. Allows you to watch TV on it. It was ok. Not great but not bad. I would watch TV on it.
The other app allows me to watch my cameras on it. Worked fine.

The other apps are mostly for the iphone. They get streched, but with time more people are making ipad apps.

A little video for our sales people I shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58PzsjTcCA

I have one and like it so far. I have not used it very much but seems to function for I what I need it for. I am going to get a good remote desktop app and use it for on campus troubleshooting. The only things I really wished it had was a USB port and a camera. I could eliminate the laptop if I could have a USB port (need to console in to switches).

Apps for the iPad are much more expensive.

Im an apple guy, have the 24 inch 17inch laptop, getting the 27 inch, have 2 iphones, and I have to say the IPAD is a piece of shit.

Has no camera, no usb plugs, no 3G, and the apps look just like its an Iphone.

The HP pad is 10x better .. " I HATE HP" but when apple adapts all the gadgets that they have the IPAD will be worth it. .but until then its a usless Piece of shit

amtrucker22 said:
I have one and like it so far. I have not used it very much but seems to function for I what I need it for. I am going to get a good remote desktop app and use it for on campus troubleshooting. The only things I really wished it had was a USB port and a camera. I could eliminate the laptop if I could have a USB port (need to console in to switches).

Apps for the iPad are much more expensive.

Get this and write and app for it :D
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531?mco=MTc0MjU1ODU

Just a matter of time for a clip on camera, but why would you on something that big? :dontknow:
Maybe 2nd gen??

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Im an apple guy, have the 24 inch 17inch laptop, getting the 27 inch, have 2 iphones, and I have to say the IPAD is a piece of shit.

The HP pad is 10x better .. " I HATE HP" but when apple adapts all the gadgets that they have the IPAD will be worth it. .but until then its a usless Piece of shit

Yup i'm planning on waiting cause i know in 6 months or soo their going to release a new one with all the goodies you said. Maybe a little longer but i'll wait till they get one with all those options.

BadCompany9119 said:
Yup i'm planning on waiting cause i know in 6 months or soo their going to release a new one with all the goodies you said. Maybe a little longer but i'll wait till they get one with all those options.
That is typical apple. They have all the technology to do this but they release it in stages (usually a year a part) so that they keep selling hardware.

My work bought one for me so I can test its wireless with our wireless, plus it will go with me when I need to troubleshoot the network.

if your gonna get one wait till next month or june when they come out with the 3g version;)

I'm waiting for the HP Slate to come out (beginning of summer), Faster processor, same battery life, HD hardware acceleration, ABGN Wifi, 3G, Windows 7( but could put OS X on it), Upgradable Harddrive & Ram all for the same price tag @ $599. The ipad is slightly thinner and the apps--- just my 2 cents :)

DevilDawg3097 said:
if your gonna get one wait till next month or june when they come out with the 3g version;)

I'm all over the 3G platform that will come out. I for one can not understand why anyone would get the WiFi only version...

-jeff

I saw one at the store... I rather save my money and use my iPhone instead, it does pretty much the same things!

jelms said:
I'm all over the 3G platform that will come out. I for one can not understand why anyone would get the WiFi only version...

-jeff
The only reason I did not get the 3G was because my work paid for it and would not pay for the data plan (or the extra cash to have it available).

If I was buying one personally I would be all over the 3G!

SRT10VENOMOUS said:

Qft.-----

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back