Any secrets when replacing spark plug wires?

I did try a 650 Holley with mechanically secondaries .. I didn’t feel they were as good as the vacuum secondaries carbs so off it went .
The TQ was brought to life by adjusting the secondaries to kick in at better timing .. simple adjustment.. I did like the TQ’s . The benefit was with the small primaries and huge secondaries and was a great mix between economy and power for a treat car.
To that’s what the Six packs did also but with 2 larger 500 outboards and the small 350 primary carb . Floor them and the roar was assume hahaha ..
The TQs' Secondary Activation latch needed to be wired down or it would "jump and miss" leaving the owner with a small 2 BBL. at W.O.T. The black plastic floats were also a disaster and were known to turn into sponges overnight which was odd to say the least.
The Secondary Air Door also required a rather precise adjustment to allow air to switch directions exactly in line with the secondary tubes.
The models with the one big Air Vents and goofy electrical connector didn't work nearly as well as the ones with dual Vents.

Did you get any pics of their 10 items and contact info for them ?
The attached picture will give you the web link. He said to just go to the bottom and type SRT-10. I just found it easier to go to the section that says e-catalog, and it came right up.

Attachments

• IMG_3322.jpeg
    IMG_3322.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The pop machines that had the bottles laying horizontally in a vertical row (up the right edge of the machine) were MUCH safer. Open the door, use a bottle opener to open your tasty beverage and catch it with a cup. WAY less frequent rescue calls to the FD, etc. Unless of course you tipped the machines to get the last bit remaining in the bottle.
And pray tell how you know about this kind of shenanigans!!!

The attached picture will give you the web link. He said to just go to the bottom and type SRT-10. I just found it easier to go to the section that says e-catalog, and it came right up.
Cool .. I’ll be taking a look later tonight , thanks

No comment is a response of the guilty hahaha

The TQs' Secondary Activation latch needed to be wired down or it would "jump and miss" leaving the owner with a small 2 BBL. at W.O.T. The black plastic floats were also a disaster and were known to turn into sponges overnight which was odd to say the least.
The Secondary Air Door also required a rather precise adjustment to allow air to switch directions exactly in line with the secondary tubes.
The models with the one big Air Vents and goofy electrical connector didn't work nearly as well as the ones with dual Vents.
The only problem I ever had was on another duster I had .. I started it and heard the awful noise in the engine .. sounded like something bounce around in a cylinder, thinking something broke .
Cold ass snow day I Va. living in an apartment .. I decided to starting tearing the heads off and of course I pulled the wrong head first haha .. when I pulled the other head it was obvious something had been bouncing around the combustion chamber and top of piston but ai never found what it was . Until after I put it all back together and noticed the TQ butterfly choke linkage rod was gone .. yep it got sucked into the intake and into the combustion chamber .. it surprised me that it made it by the valves .. well it fired up after putting it back together and ran like a champ hahaha , only had frost bite of my whole body when I finished . Heck had to be to work the next morning so had to get it done fast ..

The only problem I ever had was on another duster I had .. I started it and heard the awful noise in the engine .. sounded like something bounce around in a cylinder, thinking something broke .
Cold ass snow day I Va. living in an apartment .. I decided to starting tearing the heads off and of course I pulled the wrong head first haha .. when I pulled the other head it was obvious something had been bouncing around the combustion chamber and top of piston but ai never found what it was . Until after I put it all back together and noticed the TQ butterfly choke linkage rod was gone .. yep it got sucked into the intake and into the combustion chamber .. it surprised me that it made it by the valves .. well it fired up after putting it back together and ran like a champ hahaha , only had frost bite of my whole body when I finished . Heck had to be to work the next morning so had to get it done fast ..
It is weird it kept running no?

It is weird it kept running no?
It was running like crap before I took it apart .. no internal damage .. just ding where to carborundum was dinged off

Ronnie might be game! He and Old Colt May be up for a road trip - lol
I went to a Miami bar once and I got pretty wasted. I got looking around and thought: "Man, there are a lot of guys in here". "Say, I wonder if this is one of those gay bars people talk about"(?)

So....I asked the guy I was dancin' with.

I think I'm banned from Florida.
Pretty sure...

Last edited:
I went to a Miami bar once and I got pretty wasted. I got looking around and thought: "Man, there are a lot of guys in here". "Say, I wonder if this is one of those gay bars people talk about"(?)

Pretty sure...
Hahaha ! Slow dancin huh hahaha ! Obvious you were on the wrong side of the state where the liberals live hahaha

Pretty sure...
Hahahaha! Then I'm pretty sure oldcolt may want to pass!!!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back