Any stereo gurus out there?

MWM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like I'm not getting signal to the subs. Anyone else had this problem?

I have an RB1 connected to all the stock speakers, but replaced the amp with a Fosgate and put a probox with two 10's under the rear seats of my QC.

Last week the subs just quit working. So I checked all the fuses - good. Everything was getting power. Took the amp out and hooked it up to my car subs and it powered them just fine. Took the subs out and connected them to my car amp and they were good.

Weird. Could there be a problem with the RB1? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance guys.

MWM said:

I have an RB1 connected to all the stock speakers, but replaced the amp with a Fosgate and put a probox with two 10's under the rear seats of my QC.

Last week the subs just quit working. So I checked all the fuses - good. Everything was getting power. Took the amp out and hooked it up to my car subs and it powered them just fine. Took the subs out and connected them to my car amp and they were good.

Weird. Could there be a problem with the RB1? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance guys.
How do you have them hooked up? Through a line output convertor?

MWM said:

How do you have them hooked up? Through a line output convertor? is you amp light on when it's hooked up to the subs?

MWM said:

I have been having the same problem for the last month. I am using the RB4, and my sub just goes out. Fuses fine, everything looks good. It will just go out. It will sometimes come on for about 2 -3 minutes, but then right back out again.

Thanks for any help kickinassrt-10.

I do indeed have them hooked up through a scosche converter. My factory amp and sub were stolen, so I just hooked up to the existing amp wires under the seat. There is power coming in and the amp lights up when I key the ignition. I have a fosgate amp that lights up when powered, and then has a light that pulses with the sub signal. It still lights up when on, but doesn't pulse. That's one of the few clues I have about it not getting signal. I didn't get any power from the signal wires, but I didn't think they carried any. I replaced the converter which worked fine for about a year to eliminate that as the fail.

Oh, and I didn't mention that this all started when the dealership replaced my engine. I blew it so they long blocked it. I didn't think any stereo wires ran outside the cab where a motor replacement would jack something up. But I thought I would include that fact in case it was relevant.

And CrazyUSMarine, if you are still using the factory sub, it goes out all the time. I don't know if it heats up or what the cause is, but I've had three trucks and replaced 3 subs under warranty the last 3 years.

Can you post the device that you needed to install in order to run aftermarket sub and amp. I have a solo baric l7 and rf amp i been wanting to throw in for a while now

yes i am a stereo guru i know more about stereos then anyone in the world...if you need technical ASSistance please call e direct on my cell 631-960-7171 anytime

505'sFastestViper. said:
yes i am a stereo guru i know more about stereos then anyone in the world...if you need technical ASSistance please call e direct on my cell 631-960-7171 anytime

answer question then^^^^^^

505'sFastestViper. said:

That's a NY area code I thought you lived in NM:dontknow: :p :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back