Any Trouble With HID`s

ROKTMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have the ballasts go bad? I have had two within the last year.I just sent the second one back to the importer yesterday for warranty replacement.I like the performance of the lights but seems the quality may be lacking on the ballasts.I also had a bulb replaced under warranty a few months ago.

the problem you had with the frst ballast -that you failed to metion-is that it wasnt bolted down and it was beating itself to death, and thats also what took out the light bulb we warantied as well. if the ballast and or the rest of the HID system was installed anything like the other, i would suspect that was your problem.

Mine are still working and I did the install. First time installing HIDs. So far so good.
Boomer, I did get a guy on Brice road run up to the truck while I was driving and ask where I got the HIDs! That's a pretty good compliment on them there. My only problem is that I get High beamed by other people since they are so fricken bright and they assume I have my high beams on! lol

Last edited:
Bone said:
Mine are still working and I did the install. First time installing HIDs. So far so good.
Boomer, I did get a guy on Brice road run up to the truck while I was driving and ask where I got the HIDs! That's a pretty good compliment on them there.
thanks, i did too! how ya been bub? i never got a chance to sit down with ya and shoot the shit. when did you head back? next year i am going early, and staying till sunday night. by the way, get a cordless shaver for the hardy boys!;) :D if that was you in the picture at Ruby tuesdays!:rock:

BOOMER said:
thanks, i did too! how ya been bub? i never got a chance to sit down with ya and shoot the shit. when did you head back? next year i am going early, and staying till sunday night. by the way, get a cordless shaver for the hardy boys!;) :D if that was you in the picture at Ruby tuesdays!:rock:

Just got back a few hours ago. Stopped in Cincy for a couple of days, then in Knoxville to play some ball for several days.

I was definitely at Ruby Tuesday, just too many photos right now to look at as well as upload myself. The Hardy Boyz rocked in Elementary school.:rock: Easiest book reports ever completed with The HBs. You must be talking about Shawn's background on his cell phone.

Bone said:
Just got back a few hours ago. Stopped in Cincy for a couple of days, then in Knoxville to play some ball for several days.

I was definitely at Ruby Tuesday, just too many photos right now to look at as well as upload myself. The Hardy Boyz rocked in Elementary school.:rock: Easiest book reports ever completed with The HBs. You must be talking about Shawn's background on his cell phone.
its was either your hardy boys on or a pair of martian brians!

The only problems I had was :

1. Bad Ground (causing lights to flicker)
2. Bad Power (Only 11v) put in 40amp relays to fix problem.
3. EMI/RFI Interference Generated, I had to relocate the ballasts away
from my wireless under hood mounted radar sensor, as whenever I would light them up it would interfere with the wireless signal.

Is the Lamp out light taken care of? I put xenons in my old hemi and It was annoying to have a 40k truck with dings and lamp out on the dash. Thats the only thing keeping me from doin them in the 10. I had xenons on my Gixxer, and it was the best mod I couldve done.

Misterhemi03 said:
Is the Lamp out light taken care of? I put xenons in my old hemi and It was annoying to have a 40k truck with dings and lamp out on the dash. Thats the only thing keeping me from doin them in the 10. I had xenons on my Gixxer, and it was the best mod I couldve done.
I bought the Jamz resistors and put them in.That takes care of the lamp out issue.They are about $16.00 each.You can get them direct from Bling Lights or from Stylin` Concepts.The bulb I had wasn`t bad ..yet, it just was getting black looking so it may have been OK.Jason at Bling lights has been very good in honoring this warranty issue.I contacted him and had my guy run through some tests to determine the problem and send back the ballast.

I have the HIDs, they are working perfectly. I do get hi-beams flashed at me, but oh well.

Bill.

Yeah.. same here.. I get hi's flashed at me all the time, goes to show you the world is full of sheep that have no idea that there are alternative lighting solutions available. I only wish I had a way to answer them!! I usually end up just flashing my fog lights on/off, but my guess is they still dont "get it".

It would be kinda fun if they made a lamp with 2 HID lamps on it, that would refract off a different lens inside the headlamp to "give them a clue".

I was able to lessen to amount of flashes I was getting by slightly adjusting the aim of the headlights downward a few degrees, it lessens my projection distance... but am still 3 time further than halogens. The only time they get the full effect is if a hit a dip in the road and their angle becomes exaxtly parralell to my beams.

Begood said:
I have the HIDs, they are working perfectly. I do get hi-beams flashed at me, but oh well.

Bill.

azpyroguy said:
I was able to lessen to amount of flashes I was getting by slightly adjusting the aim of the headlights downward a few degrees, it lessens my projection distance... but am still 3 time further than halogens.

LOL, mine somehow got angled up a little bit! :D

BOOMER said:
the tent in your pants or your headlights?;) :D
Well, both. But only when you were under the truck with Doneo.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back